Crisis apparitions and Scripture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here's what I think. I don't believe in any of the stuff in this article. But here's an interesting story. My sister was traveling with our cousin when their car ran off the road and down a hill. My mother who was at home with us was awakened by my sister's voice calling out, "Mama, Mama!". Both events happened around the same time.

So what do I believe? Well, I don't believe that my sister could send her voice out loud enough for my mother to hear. I don't believe that my mother has special powers to know what is happening all over the earth. I don't believe that my sister and mother can speak to each other via using their minds. The most I believe is that God woke my mother up to pray for my sister.
 
It is metaphysically and epistemologically possible. If someone says it is impossible, then he or she is obligated to construct defeaters for it besides "nuh-uh; can't happen."

Now, as to the theological implications of it, that's on a case-by-case basis.
 
This is an interesting topic. I think I have an open mind with this subject. As for ghosts and aliens, I would only believe such things with absolute evidence. There always seems to be such a lack of proof.
 
I've experienced such things several times, but my experience is another's mere anecdote.

I do think it falls under the rubric of intuition rather than revelation. I have a fairly drawn out view of it, but not really developed.

I think, though, that the same sort of capability that allowed Adam to observe his surroundings, pick things on which to base a taxonomy, and otherwise extrapolate rules from very limited sensual experience is in some way related to these experiences.
 
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamed of in your philosophy.

That is one of the wisest metaphysical statements ever made.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top