Degrees of Judgment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Olive

Puritan Board Freshman
I am looking for a quote/description of final judgment that explains how God's final judgment of hell will involve degrees of punishment where God judges perfectly according to circumstances, temperaments, motivations i.e., such that he is able all-knowing and in all wisdom to judge justly with complete specificity.

“And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.” (Luk 12:47-48)

“But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say, Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.” (Luk 10:10-12)

“Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.” (Joh 19:11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back