Destruction of Jerusalem

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
Are there any movies about the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD? The only one I can think of is Masada (1981). Any others?

Last edited:
Yes, there's this really cool series being dramatized and it's called Left Behind only it shows the destruction of Jerusalem only it's like it happens in modern times with tanks and stuff and everyone talks like its today you know and the anti-Christ.... hold it, maybe I'm confusing something with something else.

Well, there's always Pink Floyd at Pompeii. :candle:

Ok, I looked up some info and apparently the only way to really enjoy this movie is to look for the 6 hour mini-series version. Sooooo, does anyone have it that would like to sell or lend it to me?

Masada was a TV mini-series. I saw it on TV 21 years ago, so my recollections are fuzzy. I've always been impressed with the story of Masada although suicide is never commendable, in my opinion.

The movie starred Peter O'Toole and Peter Strauss. Here is a brief blurb:

An epic true story of Jews who fled Roman destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. Pursued to a mountain haven, they faced lives enslaved or suicide. Feature-length production edited from six-plus hour television miniseries.

Pink Floyd at Pompeii...:lol:

It's a good movie, but be cautioned as there is a brief scene with some exposed breasts in it. (I have a self-editted VHS copy).

Yes, there's this really cool series being dramatized and it's called Left Behind only it shows the destruction of Jerusalem only it's like it happens in modern times with tanks and stuff and everyone talks like its today you know and the anti-Christ.... hold it, maybe I'm confusing something with something else.

Well, there's always Pink Floyd at Pompeii. :candle:

Bob, You rock dude! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back