Developing a Biblical Worldview

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
The church I belong to is starting a few small group Bible/theological studies and my Pastor asked if I would be able to help out. I thought I would suggest the topic of “developing a Biblical worldview,” but I’m not sure exactly, where to start.

Any suggestions on how to run a group study around the topic of developing a Biblical worldview?

Thank you.
 
Work through Bahnsens "Defending the Christian Worldview Against All Opposition: Series 1" CD's, it is very accessable, very relevant and life changing in its impact. Being a recording even the lazy can keep up.

The review on Monergism.com :: Classic Articles and Resources of the Historic Christian Faith reads:

Monergism Review: I am not paid to give this set a high review; rather the quality of the product is the reason for what I have said. My aim with every recommendation is to accurately guide the consumer by being honest about the product. This is one set that I hope people will purchase because it is just that good! I think it is the best lecture series Bahnsen ever produced! It was delivered later in his life after he had time to clarify and prefect his ideas. What this means is that we get the final product, edited without mistakes. I think it fair to say that this course is the result of years of teaching culminating in a powerful, accurate and assessable presentation. If I could only have one audio course in apologetics this would be it! “Defending the Christian Worldview” receives my highest rating; it exceeds one’s expectations. If there is one dominating theme in this course it is “understandability”. I encourage all Christians to listen to this set; every family should have a copy. Purchase this set and you will be providing the tools needed to establish an irrefutable defense of Christianity. At times Bahnsen has bored me with his lectures because they have been too basic. Not so with “Defending The Christian Worldview Against All Opposition”, this set blew my expectations out the window! It is ‘the best audio set for understanding Presuppositional Apologetics’. Bahnsen’s presentation is masterful, scholarly and most importantly assessable. His confidence is well founded and in a very healthy way contagious. This set is greatly needed. My only question is where has it been hiding!
- B. K. Campbell
 
Thank you for the links. I’ve never lead a study before, prayers and suggestions are appreciated.
 
(Re)Thinking Worldview by Mark Bertrand is great on forming a biblical worldview.
Blessings on leading the study!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Rethinking-Worldview-Learning-Think-Speak/dp/1581349343/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235441879&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Rethinking Worldview: Learning to Think, Live, and Speak in This World: J. Mark Bertrand: Books[/ame]
 
Hi JM, Summit minitsties is the way to go!! I've used them alot. Even before all of their new fangled Sunday School programs. Just when I had the book to use. The worldview chart is priceless! People just ate up the stuff to. I was on the leading edge back then. Now, it's everywhere. Enjoy leading, it's a blast!!!
 
A Pastor just gave my church The Truth Project

Any thoughts on this set?

It's alright, but remember it is coming from Focus. It is nowhere near the quality of the Summit material. Summit's materials are well known for taking Arminian High Schoolers and turning them into Reformed college students. They are coming from a Reformed epistemology. Focus' material will not have that advantage even though there are Reformed men involved with it.
 
A Pastor just gave my church The Truth Project

Any thoughts on this set?

It's alright, but remember it is coming from Focus. It is nowhere near the quality of the Summit material. Summit's materials are well known for taking Arminian High Schoolers and turning them into Reformed college students. They are coming from a Reformed epistemology. Focus' material will not have that advantage even though there are Reformed men involved with it.

I agree. I have not been able to in good conscience endorse anything by FOTF or James Dobson in over ten years.
 
I have read a lot of "Worldview" books. NONE beat Idols for Destruction by Herbert Schlossberg!

An absolute masterpiece!

Idols for Destruction: The Conflict of Christian Faith and American Culture :: Gospel & Culture :: Practical Theology :: Doctrine/Theology :: Monergism Books :: Reformed Books and Resources for Christians

Book Review - Idols for Destruction by Herbert Schlossberg (Part 1)
Gary North
blank.gif
Book Review - Idols for Destruction by Herbert Schlossberg
 
Just bought "Understanding the Times" by David Noebel published by Summit Press. I found it at a used bookstore for $8 bucks, it's brand new!

Thoughts on this title?
 
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!

-----Added 3/17/2009 at 01:00:51 EST-----

I should add a little more.

Most Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!


It will break down the 'worldview' into 10 categories, and go over the Biblical worldview, then the other worldviews. Once I read that book, I never had any worldview problems, ie, I knew what somebody's worldview was, and how it affected what they thought, and was able to give good pertinent answers to their questions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top