Dispensationalism/Scofieldism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all.

Has anyone heard David Clouds sermon Calvinism who`s the real enemy?It was banned from Sermon Audio.Also it seems Dave Hunt is teaching the Jesuit Inspired Heresies in his attempt to hijack the true Christian faith.I read the article on still water revival books.In no way am I saying Dave Hunts books are good reading maybe good to start a fire with.

My apologies not use to fellowship with those that that say a man has no free will.

My apologies not use to fellowship with those that that say a man has no free will.

Steven, are you a Calvinist? Do you believe in the doctrine of sovereign grace?

Believe me when I say, we understand. When I first heard about "Calvinism," I thought it was wrong. But there are tons of resources both here and at monergism.com where you can read up on what it really means for God to be sovereign over man's will. It's a blessing and a humbling experience to understand that, before we were saved, we were as dead in sins as Lazarus was physically dead in the tomb. But when Christ said, "Come forth," we came out of spiritual death and into His eternal life. No struggle of the will--just God-given obedience through God-given faith to glorify the God of all the universe.

Brother all I can answer is that I am not a robot.

{Rev 22:17}

And the Spirit and the bride say Come.And let him that heareth say Come.And let him that is athirst come.And whosoever will,let him take the water of life freely.

Comment on Rev 22:17 It means the Holy Spirit is calling to a lost and dying world and if one can hear then one can come.The sacrifice of Christ on the cross opens the door to every single individual in this world;Jesus died for all and therefore all can be saved if they will only Come.:oops:

Ban me if you must.

God bless.

And the Spirit and the bride say Come.And let him that heareth say Come.And let him that is athirst come.And whosoever will,let him take the water of life freely.

Comment on Rev 22:17 It means the Holy Spirit is calling to a lost and dying world and if one can hear then one can come.The sacrifice of Christ on the cross opens the door to every single individual in this world;Jesus died for all and therefore all can be saved if they will only Come.:oops:

Ban me if you must.

God bless.

Thats a very common misconception about Calvinism but not really true. The picture in many people's minds is that God forces man's will to choose apart from the desire to so. (Analogy) Like you are going down a street and want to turn left but find yourself turning right instead against your desire. This is not what we believe. The thing that is enslaved is DESIRE. A lost man does not desire God and His glory, he wants his own glory. He only desires wickedness and even his good deeds are not done by faith and not for God's glory. God then quickened us! He made us alive by giving a holy desire for Him that is stronger the our desires for selfish wickedness. Augustine described God's grace like this; "Grace is God giving sovereign joy in God that triumphs over the joys of sin". When a man repents and believes he is doing what he wants to do. The wanting (regeneration) comes from God and the the result is belief and a new hatred for sin. Trust me, I have no bad feelings toward those who aren't Calvinists but I believe the scripture is so amazingly clear on the Doctrines of Grace. These biblical doctrines have cut deep into my pride and taken away so much of what I wrongly clung to. Look at Ephesians 2:1-7

"1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins 2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— 3among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 4But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 5even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved— 6and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus."

God bless you Steven. I will be in prayer for you. You seem to be at a big crossroads.

Ban me if you must.

God bless.

Brother Miller,
Your quotes from Revelation are indeed true and Calvinists do not make men robots as Arminians claim. But I will point you to what I found to be the crucial difference between Arminians and Calvinists, which is also the difference between a synergistic and a monergistic view of salvation:

In Arminianism, man believes on Christ of his own natural free will and God rewards him with the new birth and eternal life. (synergism - God does his part and man does his)

In Calvinism (and Reformed theology), God sovereignly regenerates his elect and they immediately believe on Christ out of their renewed will. (monergism - salvation is the work of God alone)

As mentioned earlier, I'm sure you would benefit from reading Martin Luther's Bondage of the Will. It is great fun reading because of Luther's biting sharp wit as he often praises Erasmus and surgically disembowels his free will arguments in the same breath.

Ban me if you must.

God bless.

Brother, I'm afraid you are misunderstanding the Doctrines of Grace.

The DoG teaches that those "that heareth" and "him that is athirst" come.

But it is God who sovereignly chooses and gives the believer the ears that hear, and the thirst than pants for the Lord. Until God awakens us we cannot choose Him because we are still spiritually dead.

By Grace we are saved...NOT by works. By Grace our Lord Chooses and restores us. When He restores us He gives us the faith.

[Bible]Eph 2:1-9[/bible]

[Bible]Rom 11:1-10[/bible]

[Bible]John 6:44[/bible]

No one is a robot. In fact, as you profess faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, you do indeed have free will. It is a great work of the Spirit to "renew the will" of a sinner who is regenerated. It is only by a work of God that our will is free and we are enabled to believe upon him.

Those who are lost and not regenerated are not robots either. But that does not mean that they have "free" will. Rather, their wills are captive to sin. They are as our Lord said "slaves to sin."

Could someone tell me this?

Are there babies born lost and some saved?

Do some babies that die say at 3 months old ,cast into hell because a loving God predestined it?

Do some babies that die say at 3 months old ,cast into hell because a loving God predestined it?

Yes. God is sovereign to elect as with Jacob and Esau. Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated. And this comes from before they had done anything on the earth, but from the womb.

How does this baby argument really matter? :confused:

Brother,

No offense intended, but there are already entire threads on the PB that examine these questions. Here's just a few:

http://www.puritanboard.com/f15/infants-dying-infancy-35053/index2.html

http://www.puritanboard.com/f57/can-infants-regenerated-16942/

http://www.puritanboard.com/f57/baptists-infants-hell-20158/

http://www.puritanboard.com/f57/non-elect-infants-cog-Christ-mediator-2218/

http://www.puritanboard.com/f15/what-happens-infants-when-they-die-24340/

Once again-- No offense, but I'm compelled to ask -- Did you read / study any of the PB before you applied for membership?

Your 1689 LBCF confession states this:

3._____ Elect infants dying in infancy are regenerated and saved by Christ through the Spirit; who worketh when, and where, and how he pleases; so also are all elect persons, who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word.
( John 3:3, 5, 6; John 3:8 )

1. Do you believe babies are born innocent? Depravity is not something developed but something inherited.

2. Also, don't you believe God can keep someone alive until the appointed day of grace?

3. If everyone deserves hell, why do you think God is unloving to allow some to recieve justice whatever their age?

All are born lost. To deny this is to deny the doctrine of "original sin". Even Arminian John Wesley and the Romanists believe in that. To deny the guilt of original sin is Pelagianism and outside orthodox Christianity as far as I'm concerned.

Those who die in infancy is another question which has been discussed fairly thoroughly on other threads, but should not confuse the issue.

This is from the London Baptist Confession of Faith 1689 re; Effectual Calling;

CHAPTER 10; OF EFFECTUAL CALLING
Paragraph 1. Those whom God hath predestinated unto life, He is pleased in His appointed, and accepted time, effectually to call,1 by His Word and Spirit, out of that state of sin and death in which they are by nature, to grace and salvation by Jesus Christ;2 enlightening their minds spiritually and savingly to understand the things of God;3 taking away their heart of stone, and giving to them a heart of flesh;4 renewing their wills, and by His almighty power determining them to that which is good, and effectually drawing them to Jesus Christ;5 yet so as they come most freely, being made willing by His grace.6
Rom. 8:30, 11:7; Eph. 1:10,11; 2 Thess. 2:13,14
2 Eph. 2:1-6
3 Acts 26:18; Eph. 1:17,18
4 Ezek. 36:26
5 Deut. 30:6; Ezek. 36:27; Eph. 1:19
6 Ps. 110:3; Cant. 1:4

No robots!

Brother Miller, you might find it interesting to read John Owen's The Death of Death in the Death of Christ, in which he explains the doctrine of Definite Atonement. It's a long read,very convoluted 17th Century English, but worth it in the end. His basic premise is that Christ died for a definite number, effectually saving all for whom He died, leaving nothing to chance. Those who are in Christ therefore can be assured that they are saved to the uttermost by His death.

Praying for you....

Brother Miller, as you struggle through the issues...do not retreat from your inquiry! Seek His face and His truth, and I will pray.

Read at least one of the suggested readings, and keep asking.:pray2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back