Andres
Puritan Board Doctor
In the early 1980's when some started wearing tennis shoes to Church to be comfortable I did not favor the trend. It seemed to me that the ones to do it were trying to come off as a little more cool then the rest of us. I have mellowed but still have made it a goal to never wear tennis shoes to Church on the Lord's Day. My dress shoes are not uncomfortable and I'm not planning to run down for a alter call anytime soon.
if you shared this anecdote simply for the sake of sharing, then thank you for an interesting point of view. However, if you were sharing this because you want to make the point that tennis shoes are unacceptable at church, then i strongly disagree with you. By all means, if you prefer your dress shoes, then you should certainly continue to wear them. BUT, in no way can anyone make the argument that tennis shoes are wholly unacceptable at church.