Epc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvinbeza

Puritan Board Freshman
EPC recently had its GA. What do you think, in the EPC there are so many theology, confessional Reformed, charismatic, even semi-Arminianism is present in some churches. Would these different streams split the EPC?
 
The biggest threat to a split in the EPC is the role of women. It's going to be difficult for everyone to take that as a 'non-essential'.
 
The biggest threat to a split in the EPC is the role of women. It's going to be difficult for everyone to take that as a 'non-essential'.

Is this already an issue for the EPC? Is this the only difference between the EPC and another denomination such as ECO or are there other defining issues between these denominations? After the PCA left the now PCUSA which was a confessional concern (if I understand correctly), have the denominations that branched from the PCUSA been marked first by women elder (maybe EPC?), then second homosexual elder (ECO?)?

It is something how the Adopting Act of 1729 permeates some churches in the U.S. still to this day.
 
Some EPC churches are more conservative than PCA churches, and some are a little more liberal. There is just a lot more fluidity between churches. There are more non-essentials that each church can decide for themselves. From what I've seen and learned from my short time as an EPC congregants, women's roles and charismatic gifts seem to be the largest differences I've found. I've seen no signs of serious liberalism and they have very strong convictions where they count.

I understand that a lot of the folks here have serious concerns with the EPC, but I think some of those concerns might be a little premature.
 
Some EPC churches are more conservative than PCA churches, and some are a little more liberal. There is just a lot more fluidity between churches. There are more non-essentials that each church can decide for themselves. From what I've seen and learned from my short time as an EPC congregants, women's roles and charismatic gifts seem to be the largest differences I've found. I've seen no signs of serious liberalism and they have very strong convictions where they count.

I understand that a lot of the folks here have serious concerns with the EPC, but I think some of those concerns might be a little premature.

By the time "serious liberalism" rears its head, it usually signals that the battle has already been lost. History would suggest that slippery slopes are very real phenomena when it comes to church orthodoxy.
 
Some EPC churches are more conservative than PCA churches, and some are a little more liberal. There is just a lot more fluidity between churches. There are more non-essentials that each church can decide for themselves. From what I've seen and learned from my short time as an EPC congregants, women's roles and charismatic gifts seem to be the largest differences I've found. I've seen no signs of serious liberalism and they have very strong convictions where they count.

I understand that a lot of the folks here have serious concerns with the EPC, but I think some of those concerns might be a little premature.

Women "elders"
No sign of liberalism

pick one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top