Equivalents of KJV Onlyism in other languages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can post all the stats you want but I for one do struggle with the KJV. I find the modern versions much easier to understand.

But this wasn't the point of the thread. Does anyone know if any of these groups which favour one translation in their particular language preach it really hard like KJV Only people do in English-speaking countries? Are there any German Peter Ruckmans attacking those who don't use the Luther Bible, for example?

I read much slower in KJV and prefer NKJV or ESV
The KJV was written in the language of common people... and the usage of the common people has changed quite a bit since then
As far as translation to other languages? It's the message that's important and translating from the best reconstruction of the original seems best to me
Having said that, the KJV is a majestic translation and a considerable accomplishment.

I read much slower in KJV and prefer NKJV or ESV
The KJV was written in the language of common people... and the usage of the common people has changed quite a bit since then
As far as translation to other languages? It's the message that's important and translating from the best reconstruction of the original seems best to me
Having said that, the KJV is a majestic translation and a considerable accomplishment.

Michael, in a sense, the KJV was not written in the language of the common people - especially in the New Testament, which is about 80% William Tyndale's translation, which was already nearly a century old when it was brought nearly wholesale into the KJV. The old pronouns ("thee" "thou") were beginning to fade from the English language by the early 17th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back