ESV Study Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good news from an article over at the Reformation Theology blog today -- "the notes from editors of the ESVSB unambiguously affirm divine monergism in regeneration."

Mine has STILL not arrived!!! I'm turning GREEN!!!
:mad: :scratch: :rant:

From the list of contributors, however, is it a perfect study Bible? No. I LOVE my Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible (except for the lame translation). But, with soooooooooooo many notes and articles from so many solid folks, and 700 pages longer than almost any other study Bible, the ESV Study Bible will still beat out all of the competition for a long time indeed.

ESVSB2.jpg

ESVSB1.jpg

ESVST3.jpg

ESVSB4.jpg

ESVSB5.jpg

I used mine this past Lord's day to preach from Daniel 3 and How Bold Shall We Be In Our Faith.

I love my new ESV Study Bible.

my husband looks on the ESV website at this Bible so longingly. I haven't seen him look so tenderly at something since our son was born LOL.... if anyone gets it and then doesn't like it :rofl: yah I know... but still I'll pm you my address :)

Got mine yesterday - TruTone black - my wife ordered it for me for Father's Day. It is huge - literally. If you threw this book, it would hurt someone. Jessica, get him the TruTone Black one - it is sharp and feels like leather.

By the by, if you want a puritan bible with the same size, oomph and popularity as the ESVSB but with puritan writers and commentary etcetera...make one. In the mean time, the ESVSB is pretty good.

Sooo...I weighed my bibles. My NKJV reference bible weighs in at 21.7 ounces. The ESVSB weighs in at 64 ounces! (It maxed out my postal scale).

And here you go. ITS HUGE!

DSCF6039.jpg

DSCF6040.jpg

Indeed but I am in mid-semester right now with many things going on. I usually task that to my wife because she uses the computer more than I do. Anyway, the ESVSB is HUGE!!

Mine just got here. I went through WTSBooks.com and chose the cheapest shipping option, so I'm a little behind. This thing is a TOME. Love it. Definitely not for toting around as an evangelism or daily reading Bible, but a great study tool.

The online version has potential, but lots of that potential is untapped. I'll be blogging about it soon, actually.

I have a 1560 and a 1599 Geneva Bible and love their notes. What I really like about the ESVSB is the amount of Introduction material, and I love the pictures ;)

I have a 1560 and a 1599 Geneva Bible and love their notes. What I really like about the ESVSB is the amount of Introduction material, and I love the pictures ;)

Ah! Now I understand.

:lol:

I hope it's better than the Apologetics Study Bible. Higher criticism and other nonsense infects the ASB.

What kind of introductory material?

It is so big that I had my order from the USA to the UK cancelled yesterday because when they came to post it it weighed so much that the postage was three times more than they had expected.

Oh yeah, well my was so big I put it on a scale and a little card popped out and said, "One at a time please!"

That is one messy desk!:) Whats with the ugly orange triangle stitched on the cover? Its kinda hideous

That is one messy desk!:) Whats with the ugly orange triangle stitched on the cover? Its kinda hideous

It's the all-seeing eye (Mason symbol) like on the dollar bill. I prefer the cross on my Geneva. :worms:

You know, that thought had crossed my mind. You start seeing it everywhere and think you are going nutzzzzz :)

That only happens when you start seeing Karl Barth everywhere. Especially when you see Barth with an iPod.

karl-barth.jpg

Barth with an Ipod???? He's not passed on like I believed? Reincarnated as Rob Bell?

I love the midnight hours on the PB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back