Euro 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
If England play well against the Ukraine, hopefully we'll be able to top our group and possibly reach the Semi-finals! I find a lot of countries not in the Euro's, really like the Dutch and German's, but nobody likes the English... Though, to be fair, our style of play isn't that great ;)

Looks like England finished on top, although the win over Ukraine was not an easy one. My brother really likes England, and I like them as well, although I don't see them as dominant as Germany or Spain.

Spain or Germany will win. Without a doubt. Spain would've crushed Sweden and Ukraine. We had merely shaky wins against both. Also, the Ukraine game should have been a draw. One of their shots cleared by John Terry was well over the line...

But hopefully, we'll beat Italy and face Germany in the Semi's (I hope)!

Either way, I'm glad someone likes England ;).

If England play well against the Ukraine, hopefully we'll be able to top our group and possibly reach the Semi-finals! I find a lot of countries not in the Euro's, really like the Dutch and German's, but nobody likes the English... Though, to be fair, our style of play isn't that great ;)

Looks like England finished on top, although the win over Ukraine was not an easy one. My brother really likes England, and I like them as well, although I don't see them as dominant as Germany or Spain.

One of their shots cleared by John Terry was well over the line...

That shot was only made available, though, because the side ref didn't call offsides earlier. So really, I guess, things worked out nicely on that run. :)

This is actually the first tournament ever that I have found myself favourable to England. Each tournament I think I should be a good neighbour and hope England do well. However listening to the English media or commentators for just two minutes always makes me revert back to my grumpy Scottish self and hope England come crashing down, usually on penalties.

Usually before the tournament the English go on about an injured player who may miss the group games but should be OK for the quarter finals. Or the route is all marked out. "We should play this team in the quarter finals, that team in the semis and would meet either/or in the final.

This year it has been much lower key and a much more humble approach which makes England all the more attractive for it and more inclined to win over biased neutrals!

Besides all that I have always admired Roy Hodgson.

Pre-tournament I fancied the Russians or Germans. I felt it was a travesty that they went out. i always like to see the Dutch do well. I did not think they would win it but I didn't expect them to have such a poor showing.

My quarter final tips are Portugal, Germany, Spain and Italy with Germany I think going on to win it.

I'm not surprised with Russia. They seemed to be top dogs taking on the Czechs, but afterwards they didn't seem to be the same team. They scraped by Poland (barely), and allowed Greece to completely run them out of Europe.

The Netherlands had a very bad run against the toughest group in the entire tournament. Denmark was expected to fall, but you could've flipped a coin on the other three. Advantage was to Germany all the way though, and I'm surprised they got 9 points. They hadn't scored 9 points in their history in the Euro tournament, yet they pulled it off against what is arguably one of the toughest groups the Euro tournament has ever seen.

In addition, Germany has the weaker half of the bracket. Yes I know England and Italy are running around, but three of the biggest powers are on the wrong side of the bracket.

If this is going to be Germany or England's year, this is their chance. Plain and simple.

However, after what Greece pulled off, I would not count them out just yet. Germany's first match is a 2004 Finals rematch, and Greece stunned them in that game. It's basically anybody's guess.

Quarterfinals Picks: England, Germany, Portugal and Spain

Semifinals Picks: Germany (They're still mad with Chelsea for stealing the Champions League, and A LOT of Bayern Munich club players are on the national team, so this is vengeance. Pure and simple) and Portugal (I'm calling classic rivalry shenanigans).

Final: Germany

I have to say though, the Ukraine got robbed in their game against England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back