Expelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently 'science' is the last bastion of modernistic orthodoxy as it claims that intelligent design and creationism are absolutely false (and harmful). There is, then, at least one irrefutable and universal idea(l).

Hmm... where are those pesky, post-modernist, pluralists when you need them? Emolutionists?

I saw the movie a few hours ago. It was quite good. Anytime Planned Parenthood is shown in a bad light, it is a good thing. The only part that I didn't like was the ending interview with Dawkins. It seemed that Stein went a bit overboard with the badgering.

The part with the evolutionist that didn't believe in free will and now has brain cancer was really really sad.

CT

I saw the movie a few hours ago. It was quite good. Anytime Planned Parenthood is shown in a bad light, it is a good thing. The only part that I didn't like was the ending interview with Dawkins. It seemed that Stein went a bit overboard with the badgering.

The part with the evolutionist that didn't believe in free will and now has brain cancer was really really sad.

CT

I agree about the man with brain cancer. I felt badly for him as well.

This film has brought up a lot of good discussion in my house. My oldest daughter is struggling with her faith right now, and this was a timely topic especially for her.

There was one time when he was speaking that I felt like I was watching the systematic destruction of a human soul. He was going through the progress he had made in the liberation of science and atheism, and said, "First, you give up all hope whatsoever that there is a God, or a meaning to life. Then you give up all ideas of right and wrong and morality. Then you realize that ultimately we don't even have free will." The implication was that one would then be liberated.

It seemed to be such an honest and frank admission of the powers of darkness in what they those teachings do to an individual, and how " liberation " and " enlightenment " is really just the gutting of everything that was once human and structurally sound from the individual's mind and soul.

But like C.S. Lewis said in The Great Divorce, sometimes those who are so adamantly opposed to God and the kingdom can be turned much easier than those who try to hold both together, or stand in some facade of neutrality.

He should be in our prayers.

Joshua,

Who else would waste that kind of time on a Sunday night? My wife is in the midwest visiting our eldest and his family. Turns out we both caught the movie this weekend. I took my youngest to see it, my wife went with our pastor son in Chicagoland. On the phone tonight, she challenged me to do a review and 20 minutes later . . . wa la. Glad you liked it. Frankly, I'm so clueless about where things go, that it never came to mind to post it under that topic. Just thought it was a continuation of this thread.

Will do. Thanks.

My wife and I saw it over the weekend.

Probably the most interesting segment was where the chief spokesman for evolution and against Intelligent Design admits that intelligent design would be a valid explanation for life on earth, as long as the designer is a space alien rather than God.

The scariest fact in the movie is that the children of Christian families who attend public school are being indoctrinated heavily with this unchristian teaching on a daily basis.

Friends of mine ran into Ben Stein at the Maryland rest stop on I-95 a few days ago. They happened to have with them a copy of one volume of Matthew Poole's Synopsis :) which Ben Stein autographed for them. They said he was extremely polite and kind. :detective:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back