Ezekiel 18:24

Status
Not open for further replies.

cih1355

Puritan Board Junior
Is the righteous man in Ezekiel 18:24 someone who is truly saved? Those who advocate that Christians can lose their salvation think that Ezekiel 18:24 is teaching that a true believer can turn from his practice of righteousness, begin to practice sin, and die spiritually.

[quote:496d691d99][i:496d691d99]Originally posted by cih1355[/i:496d691d99]
Is the righteous man in Ezekiel 18:24 someone who is truly saved? Those who advocate that Christians can lose their salvation think that Ezekiel 18:24 is teaching that a true believer can turn from his practice of righteousness, begin to practice sin, and die spiritually. [/quote:496d691d99]

Verse 26 explains it:
Ezek 18:26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, [color=Red:496d691d99]and dieth in them[/color:496d691d99]; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

The above man was a product of the visible church community; not part of the internal obviously. he was so bent on his sin that he actually died while being sold out to it and not righteousness.

It's clearly talking about physical death, and not spiritual death, and I don't think anyone here would disagree that a sinful lifestyle or even occasional sin can lead to a destructive end. I don't see anyway to possibly exegete this passage to interpret it as speaking of losing your salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back