Family History

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJClark

Puritan Board Doctor
I was reading through a book passed on to me by my grandmother about my grandfathers family, and came across this letter..dated March 2, 1838, I'll just share excerpts from it.

From Fredrick Dague to his brother, Daniel

Dear Brother, I again take up my pen in my hand to address you by way of letter, as it is the only way it appears that we can address each other, as to my part it is very satisfactory to me that we can address each other in writing; it was also a satisfaction to me when I heard that you were well. I am still enjoying very good health, and have no sickness yet since I have been here.

I will also inform you that there is a great revival of religion taking place in this country, the greatest that I have ever seen. It has taken place among the Old Presbyterians and Methodists. There have a great many joined each church.

There are many others inquiring what must they do to be saved and seeking earnestly for the salvation of their souls. At a Sacramental meeting this winter in McComb, I myself found the Pearl of Great Price, and attached my name to the Old Presbyterian church. There were fifteen of us joined at the same time. It appears that the Lord is still carrying on his work in this Western land.

Many of the old church members did not move on, but are sleeping their long sleep in the churches they helped to establish. The churches of these early pioneers did a great work, and the people who worked in them passed on. It should be the earnest desire of this generation that the descendants of these pioneers be faithful and loyal to the ideals of Christ as their ancestors were.

Dear brother I want to tell you William Carrol and William Minnix and all those of our relations that have not as yet come to knowledge of the truth as it is found in Jesus that I want them to seek earnestly for the salvation of their souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back