Feast yer eyes on this: The KJV Clarion Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew11v25

Puritan Board Sophomore
Here are the photos and Review by Mr. Bertrand:
Bible Design and Binding: Cambridge Clarion KJV in Black Goatskin

The ESV Edition is slated to come out around November.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

With an 8.75 text...65 characters per line...5.5" x 7.5" x 1.75"...I am very excited!

I was planning on holding out for an Allan Brevier Clarendon, but I will now think hard about going with this instead. The TBS Westminster Edition is in the running as well.

A big plus with the Cambridge Clarion is that it appears go be "black letter" whereas all recent Cambridge editions seem to have been red letter, which is a non-starter for me.

Last edited:
And I promised my wife that the Calf-skin ESV I bought last year was the last one I'd need to buy for a while.... Thanks for making me break my promise!

The single column format looks amazing! It looks as if they plan on rolling out this style for other translations.

I absolutely cannot stand the single column. I prefer the old fashioned typesetting and double columns with references in the middle. To each to his or her own. ;)

I very much prefer single column. They are just easier on my diabetic eyes, I guess. I have been waiting for a really nice single column KJV with a nice large font. HOWEVER, my wife says its a sin for us to buy any more bibles. But if she doesn't know....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back