Scott Puritan Board Graduate Oct 13, 2007 #1 What do people suggest in the way of filters for Mac browsers? I have been using Firefox and Camino, but we also have Safari, of course.
What do people suggest in the way of filters for Mac browsers? I have been using Firefox and Camino, but we also have Safari, of course.
jfschultz Puritan Board Junior Oct 14, 2007 #2 If you are asking about a "adult" site filter, check into OpenDNS. There is an earlier thread about OpenDNS. It includes options to filter "adult" sites.
If you are asking about a "adult" site filter, check into OpenDNS. There is an earlier thread about OpenDNS. It includes options to filter "adult" sites.
jfschultz Puritan Board Junior Oct 16, 2007 #4 Scott said: I can't find anything on OpenDNS. Is that right? Click to expand... OpenDNS
Scott Puritan Board Graduate Oct 16, 2007 #5 Open DNS seems complicated. I know the new OS is going to have a filter. Perhaps it will be good. Are there any plugins for Firefox or Camino?
Open DNS seems complicated. I know the new OS is going to have a filter. Perhaps it will be good. Are there any plugins for Firefox or Camino?
raekwon Puritan Board Junior Oct 17, 2007 #6 OpenDNS is actually quite simple to set up, the filtering is excellent, and it works across all browsers. I didn't see/hear anything about Leopard having some sort of built-in filter. Hmm...
OpenDNS is actually quite simple to set up, the filtering is excellent, and it works across all browsers. I didn't see/hear anything about Leopard having some sort of built-in filter. Hmm...
jfschultz Puritan Board Junior Oct 17, 2007 #7 raekwon said: OpenDNS is actually quite simple to set up, the filtering is excellent, and it works across all browsers. I didn't see/hear anything about Leopard having some sort of built-in filter. Hmm... Click to expand... Parental controls will be improved.
raekwon said: OpenDNS is actually quite simple to set up, the filtering is excellent, and it works across all browsers. I didn't see/hear anything about Leopard having some sort of built-in filter. Hmm... Click to expand... Parental controls will be improved.