Food/Snack YOU like but, not everyone...shares your feelings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't gross, I just have never seen or heard of anyone else eating it.
You take a slice of good wholemeal bread, butter it and spread it thick with a mixture of black treacle (molasses to you people) and powdered ginger. I think of it as instant, hard-core gingerbread and it's utterly delicious

Just for clarification: are there snacks that are not food?
LOL! I think I meant this: A LOT of people will "nibble" on odd things! Think about it! So I am calling that a "snack" weird things one eats while shuffling around the kitchen. Now by food, I mean something "odd" you take, without shame, head high out of the kitchen! Is this better!(-:

Cottage cheese with canned peaches (I was surprised to find that some people think that is gross, as it seems objectively wonderful to me).

I was served this as part of dinner at a friend's house when I was 9 or so. I panicked. It looked disgusting. I had never heard of people putting such things together.

Laura have you tried it since?

(It's funny to think of little 9 yr. old Laura panicking. What did you do? Break into German? Sit quietly with large round eyes?)

We've been discovering Greek yogurt lately. Drizzle some honey over it. Great.

Inside secret: if you have a Trader Joe's in your area, get some of their French Vanilla yogurt. Most of the time, the top 1/4" of the contents has the consistency of cheese cake. Don't know why it settles out that way, but its really good.

I love greek yogurt! It's the best! Have you tried FAGE yogurt? It's my favorite...

Cottage cheese, right out of the carton.

I don't think it's that odd, but just about everyone I know (wife included) thinks it is gross.

Our paralegal eats this, except she'll add things like mustard, ketchup, or BBQ sauce to the cottage cheese before eating it. :barf:

Dubbel Zoute Licorice by K&H. It is a Dutch thing, so most wouldn't understand.

QrS6GIrV1e.gif

I love to eat raw celery plain. No peanut butter or anything. I could eat entire heads of it if I let myself. Something about the crunchy texture is just...delicious...

Black licorice ice cream. Can't find it any longer but it was my favorite ice cream for many years.

Terry

Cottage cheese with canned peaches (I was surprised to find that some people think that is gross, as it seems objectively wonderful to me).

I was served this as part of dinner at a friend's house when I was 9 or so. I panicked. It looked disgusting. I had never heard of people putting such things together.

Laura have you tried it since?

(It's funny to think of little 9 yr. old Laura panicking. What did you do? Break into German? Sit quietly with large round eyes?)

I only remember asking my friend incredulously what it was. I hope I did it quietly. I love peaches but I still don't like cottage cheese at all.

You take a slice of good wholemeal bread, butter it and spread it thick with a mixture of black treacle (molasses to you people) ...

I guess this is what we might call treacle down home economics ...

:D

Honey, what do I like that is totally gross?

You take a slice of good wholemeal bread, butter it and spread it thick with a mixture of black treacle (molasses to you people) ...

I guess this is what we might call treacle down home economics ...

:D

Honey, what do I like that is totally gross?

Bad puns, apparently! You do eat peanut butter straight out of the jar, although peanut butter in and of itself is fine.

Dip In N Out fries in an In N Out chocolate shake. You should've seen my daughters-in-law and son-in-law the first time they witnessed their "intended" join the McFadden herd in this illicit gourmet epicurean delight.

Untitled2.jpg

Durians..

Do they count?

Yes, they smell like the dead and there's a reason you can't take them on the subway in Singapore!

Also, Miracle Whip is an edible oil product approved for use on humans, it is not food.

Zout, Dubble, and Tripel Zout Droppen are all scrumptious. As are kroketten, friekendellen, and fries with mayo. (Speaking of which, Brother McFadden, did I see fries in that shake? Peter never got the go-ahead for that. There was no such concoction in the lowered sheet.)

In China: fried grasshoppers, and fried scorpions, as well as quail on a stick, and snake on a stick. All are tasty (and fairly exclusive).

. . . Speaking of which, Brother McFadden, did I see fries in that shake? Peter never got the go-ahead for that. There was no such concoction in the lowered sheet.)

In-N-Out fanciers are an intrepid lot. Whether it is getting your burger "animal style," 3 x 3, 4 x 4, "protein style," "The Flying Dutchman," or even your fries "animal style," the menu is cool but the secret menu (which actually prints out on your receipt!!!) separates the tourists from the true Californians.

In an age before California's ethnic admixture I doubt that they had the crazy California conglomerations and miscegenation combinations possible in the Apostle Peter's era. For instance, take our governator . . . please!

There's a tavern across the street that serves sliders and fries. The fries are my favorite because they're seasoned with both salt and sugar and I dip them in mayonase mixed with bourbon. Delicious but sounds strange.

ummmm....definitely sounds delicious! My philosophy has always been that if you take something yummy and put it with something else yummy it just gets yummier. For example, fries are good, sugar is good, mayo is good, and bourbon is great! All this equals something that I wanna try ASAP!

Cottage cheese, right out of the carton.

I don't think it's that odd, but just about everyone I know (wife included) thinks it is gross.

Count me in with the others who enjoy cottage cheese. I used to eat a cup everynight right before I went to bed when I was into bodybuilding because it has a lot of slow digesting protein. Large curd is best and don't skimp by getting low-fat! And I am not sure how or why, but peaches go perfect with cottage cheese.

Y'all oughta be nicer to a pregnant woman... I had to stop reading just so I could make myself some peaches and cottage cheese... thankfully, both were on hand, due to said pregnancy.

We've been discovering Greek yogurt lately. Drizzle some honey over it. Great.

Inside secret: if you have a Trader Joe's in your area, get some of their French Vanilla yogurt. Most of the time, the top 1/4" of the contents has the consistency of cheese cake. Don't know why it settles out that way, but its really good.

It's the cream, rising to the top... good stuff!

Dip In N Out fries in an In N Out chocolate shake. You should've seen my daughters-in-law and son-in-law the first time they witnessed their "intended" join the McFadden herd in this illicit gourmet epicurean delight.

Untitled2.jpg
Dennis! you SO rule!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks for the approbation, undeserved as it is. Dipping In N Out fires in chocolate shakes is a pretty common practice among uber-Californistas.

It is amazing what odd behavior comes out of those forced to endure 80 degree Christmases. Yesterday I was comparing my temp with where my kids live in the midwest. At midday: 5 degrees, 11 degrees, 19 degrees, 21 degres, 27 degrees vs. my 75! My brain is fried. Dipping fries in shakes is a pretty benign "off label" use of the humble potato considering the heat induced damage to my brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back