Funny picture to caption

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Habemus papam!" means "we have a pope!" in Latin. It's used, along with the white smoke, to close a papal conclave and announce to the world that a new pope has been elected. Charming phrase. Not. Just an indication that for at least one more day, the Lord has not put the final smackdown on evil.

Margaret

"Habemus papam!" means "we have a pope!" in Latin. It's used, along with the white smoke, to close a papal conclave and announce to the world that a new pope has been elected. Charming phrase. Not. Just an indication that for at least one more day, the Lord has not put the final smackdown on evil.

Margaret

Margaret that is what I meant , as Protestants we have no pope because we follow Christ as our head and not an antichrist.

"And Darth, being the last in this line, would be first in the kingdom of heaven, for he clung not to his own righteousness but to an alien righteousness, whilst the others finding their places upfront in this temporal existence held tenaciously to their works, which will bring nothing but ill repute and damnation."

How's that for "funny"?

Joshua it is funny because it is also so dreadfully true. Humor is often making one see the truth by showing it as the absurd which it really is. You nailed it on the head. As an ex Roman catholic turned Reformed Protestant and Presbyterian I can testify that what you said is 100% accurate. Your humorous quote summarizes the reasons why I am no longer a Roman catholic and why I am now a Protestant who has discovered the true message of salvation and the truth of the Gospel through the Reformed faith. It is in essence why I am now a Presbyterian and only through Gods amazing grace!

One witty film critic, when Star Wars Episode I was released, with the little all-American boy as Anakin Skywalker, entitled his disappointed review of the film,

"Oh Darth, where is your sting!?" :D

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Join me on the dark side and you will enjoy chocolate so dark that it's darker than a black hole.

Light cannot escape its surface and it will blow your socks off!

Last edited:
Wondering ... with the guys wearing the copes, is this RC or high Anglican?

Good question. I investigated and found it on a 2008 RC blog, among other RC postings of the same pic. (I would post a link to it here, but it has numerous violations of the 2nd Commandment on it.)

I surmise that this pic is of RC priests (because of the Roman collars), but not American ones. I hazard a guess that the photo was taken in Ireland. Except, of course, for Darth Vader, those priests look Irish to me and so does the cameraman. OTOH, the cars in the background look American. (I saw no SUVs in the Republic of Ireland the last time I was there, but maybe that's changed.)

What say anyone else?

Margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back