Gas Prices!!! Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We STILL have a gas shortage in western NC!!! I saw $3.84 posted today and still saw pumps with bags over the handles indicating they were out of gas. We were in SC over the weekend and paid $3.37 on Saturday, though. I would be really happy to see it below $3.00 again.

Something to be thankful for. As seasonal demand slacks off, as production ramped up a bit after the price spiked, now supply exceeds demand, prices drop.

The market is self correcting and pretty responsive. At this point, we can thank God for that.

With nine children, we drive a Ford E-350, with a 35 gallon tank. And with gas at ~$4.00USD/gallon here, it hurts! When I hypermile I can get over 16 mpg. Woohoo!

I used to get upset when it was this high!

Regular unleaded in Lawton, OK, was $1.97/gal tonight on the way to church!

John Owen Butler
Pastor-teacher
Beal Heights Presbyterian Church (PCA)
Lawton, OK USA

Ivan you lucked out! Lowest on this part of WI is 2.34

Actually it's right across the border in Illinois. I live less than two miles from the border. The gas stations on the interstate right into Illinois are typically the least expensive in our area.

$1.79 (cash) and $1.99 (credit) at a Valero station in Southfield, MI yesterday afternoon.

I wish we had that option here. I'd always pay by cash if I could get it 20 cents cheaper!

Well, not every gas station around here gives its customers that option, unfortunately... Only about 1/3 of them do. The closer you get to the City of Detroit, the more gas stations you find that offer *really cheap* gas for cash. They're also the stations that, if you want to use your credit card, make you type in your zip code on the key pad before the pump will run. :p I like that feature for security reasons, but for some reason, it makes some people angry. Whatever...

Margaret

Wow, it looks like it is below $.90 a litre for the first time in months and months! It was 89.6 cents a litre this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back