Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Bladestunner316
1.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how the - did you get that?
Some guy on the corner, dressed in a long trench coat, opened up the trunk of his car and said, "Psst, Buddy, Come 'ere. "

...or, it was a typo and should have been 2.99

$3.22 at the station near where I live. One of the bus drivers on Wednesday said that he'd seen $3.47 earlier that day.

Man Switches to Horse to Protest Gas Prices

May 8, 2006

ARLINGTON, TX (AP) -- Egon Settle of Arlington, Texas, says he's riding a horse to do his errands, as a protest against the price of gas.

Settle said he has saved $565 over the past four weeks by pulling his horse trailer to work with his truck and then using his horse to run errands.

Settle has certainly gotten a lot of attention. He said people stop and shake his hand, and tell him, "I appreciate what you're doing."

Settle said he's "bitter and angry" that he can't drive his truck around much because of the high price of gas.

Malfunction Cuts Gas Price to 29 Cents
Mon May 22, 2006

HAMMOND, Ind. (AP) - When a pump at a gas station malfunctioned, opportunistic motorists were able to buy gas for 29 cents per gallon.

A Marathon station sold a gallon of fuel for less than the price of a first-class stamp for about 90 minutes Friday before the mistake was detected and and the price corrected to $2.79.

While still answering questions from customers about why the price had suddenly gone up, clerk Nida Tayyab said more than 50 people had crowded the store, likely thinking the mishap was a price promotion, and received the bargain. Normally, the station serves about 10 people per hour.

"I was really confused," she said. "It was so messed up. I can't explain here how it was."

When Tayyab figured out what was going on, she called her father, who works at another store, for help fixing the situation.

"It's fine now. It's all working," Tayyab added.

Gas prices move past $3 to all-time high

July 24, 2006

CAMARILLO, Calif. (AP) - Nationwide gas prices hit an all-time high in the last two weeks, rising nearly 2 cents to just over $3 per gallon, according to a survey released Sunday.

The national average for self-serve regular stood at $3.0150 a gallon Friday, up 1.98 cents in the last two weeks, according to the Lundberg Survey of 7,000 gas stations across the country.

The price exceed the previous high of $3.0117 set in September last year, analyst Trilby Lundberg said.

A gallon of mid-grade gasoline averaged around $3.12, and premium at nearly $3.22.

Nationwide, the lowest price for regular was $2.77 a gallon in Charleston, S.C., while the highest "” $3.28 a gallon "” was in San Diego.

Topped off my tank this morning. $2.899 regular at the pump and the guy was in the process of changing the sign to $2.939. This, in Indian Trail, NC at the station having the lowest price on US 74 in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back