Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe, that's pretty good! Cheapest here is 2.339 (but it's Safeways, so if you're a member, you get a 3-cent discount, which is nice!).

Last month the local Speedway had a sale on gift cards. You could buy a $25.00 gift card for $24.00. I took advantage of the deal (bought $200 worth).

Gas prices are now averaging around $2.40 at the Speedway. Less the gift card discount, the price is $2.304. I'm saving almost 10 cents per gallon and still frowning.

[Edited on 7-10-2005 by Dan....]

Originally posted by Average Joey
Right now our cheapest is 2.19.I think that may be the cheapest anywhere right now.

Ours just went up to 2.19 this past week (happily that was only a 4 cent increase, not one of these dime hops we've been having)

t

Originally posted by Bladestunner316
$2.59 cheap $2.82 expensive

:lol:

You mean

$2.59 expensive $2.82 outrageous

I've never understood gas prices in Washington state. I grew
up 15 minutes from one of the larger refineries on the west coast,
and gas got much cheaper the farther from the refinery you got...

Todd

[Edited on 8-6-2005 by toddpedlar]

Originally posted by turmeric
Please, please remove the apostrophe from the title, I can't stand it!!
Okay, I have issues...

not issues, standards ;) I was trying to be gracious and let it go, though.

Todd

In Texas we have a website that is constantly updated that will tell you who is selling gas the cheapest in whateve city you live in. Maybe you could google and see if your state has the same. Seems like Sam's Club and Rudy's BarBQue always have the lowest prices in my town.
It is really pretty handy:

http://www.texasgasprices.com/

In Texas we have a website that is constantly updated that will tell you who is selling gas the cheapest in whateve city you live in. Maybe you could google and see if your state has the same. Seems like Sam's Club and Rudy's BarBQue always have the lowest prices in my town.
It is really pretty handy:

http://www.texasgasprices.com/

I think it's $2.19-$2.29 now in Virginia...

The whole gas and oil industry industry is a crooked racket-- I hope clean energy alternatives and technology will break their backs one day... the incentives to stifle innovation are obvious for the old vanguard of big oil... It's the only industry that gets away with price-rigging in the United States, because of the OPEC cartel and political connections. It is essentially illegal for any other business enterprise to get away with what the oil industry does. They rig and limit production -- and stifle free competition. For any other industry that does what the oil industry does, it would be met with DoJ trust-busting, restraint of trade and price-fixing prosecutors. They're well-connected and have friends in high places. Also, the war gives them the creative pretext to keep prices high. Granted, forty to sixty cents on every gallon is usually federal and state taxes.
:)

Originally posted by Draught Horse
I say we store up gas, wait for the market to crash, then take over.

I do remember a time in NC when gas was $0.85 cents... what was it -- mid-to-late 90s.

Originally posted by Puritanhead
Originally posted by Draught Horse
I say we store up gas, wait for the market to crash, then take over.

I do remember a time in NC when gas was $0.85 cents... what was it -- mid-to-late 90s.

Yes, I remember paying 69 cents per gallon at a station in SC around 1997. <sigh>

I remember when people went ballistic because it went over $0.459 . I can remember riding to the filling station down the road and filling the milk jug for the lawnmower's gas for less than half of the average price of a 12 oz. Coke these days.

Man, do I feel old . . . and broke.

Originally posted by LawrenceU
I remember when people went ballistic because it went over $0.459 . I can remember riding to the filling station down the road and filling the milk jug for the lawnmower's gas for less than half of the average price of a 12 oz. Coke these days.

Man, do I feel old . . . and broke.

You lived in the Flinestones days Mr. Underwood.

:lol::lol:

Gee us Americans grumble a lot ... but I remember how expensive gas was in 2002 when I got to Great Britain... It was like 6 or 7 pounds per liter-- mostly taxes. The exchange rate was about 1.60 dollars per 1.00 pound sterling. That's like $4.50 per liter. One gallon equals 3.79 liters.

Motor vehicles are expensive luxuries for Europeans... most teenagers or young adults do not drive over there, whereas teens take cars for granted over here...

[Edited on 8-8-2005 by Puritanhead]

We are now averaging around 2.30 a gal here.The cheapest I have seen is 2.25.

This is so unbelieveable!We need to threaten to drill in Alaska!Just making that threat,the saudis would cut oil prices in half!

Stupid liberals and that weak hearted Bush and his "bi-partisan"Republicans.

[Edited on 8-12-2005 by Average Joey]

[Edited on 8-12-2005 by Average Joey]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back