I believe it was Dr Macarthur in his strange fire conference who said
"Show me a person obsessed with the Holy Spirit and His gifts, and I will show you a person not filled with the Holy Spirit. But show me a person focused on the person and work of Christ, and I will show you a person who is filled with the Spirit!"
Now is the ultimate goal of the Holy Spirit to point to the Lord Jesus' glory
The Father glorifies the Son as well
Are the Father and Spirit to be glorified only through glorifying the Son and not glorifying them separately?
Should all the glory in the Trinity be directed to the Son rather than the Father and Spirit just like Colossians says in all things Christ may have preeminence?
How does this work?
Please help me understand this, brothers!
"Show me a person obsessed with the Holy Spirit and His gifts, and I will show you a person not filled with the Holy Spirit. But show me a person focused on the person and work of Christ, and I will show you a person who is filled with the Spirit!"
Now is the ultimate goal of the Holy Spirit to point to the Lord Jesus' glory
The Father glorifies the Son as well
Are the Father and Spirit to be glorified only through glorifying the Son and not glorifying them separately?
Should all the glory in the Trinity be directed to the Son rather than the Father and Spirit just like Colossians says in all things Christ may have preeminence?
How does this work?
Please help me understand this, brothers!