Gospel Encouragement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan&Amber2013

Puritan Board Senior
The Gospel is the most important thing in the universe, and the most important thing for us to regularly think upon. It is what gives my Christian life wind to the sail. Everyday, I find that it is the simplicity of the Gospel which satisfies my soul. Therefore, my eyes must always be upon it. Because everyone is unique and we as the Church are people who build each other up in the faith, it is my hope that you will share with me your most encouraging thoughts on the Gospel. Please be as unique and creative as you desire. Below is an example that I wrote. Thank you so much!

"Eventually I will die. Eventually we will all die. There is a time appointed for me in the future, where life as I know it will end. Everything I enjoyed on earth, everything I have become, and everything I have, I will have to leave it. Yes, life has been hard, but I have been given so many blessings in which I cherish. The mere thought of departing from my loved ones brings heavy despair to my heart, instantly.

But o what a blessed God, that I need not live in despair, that death is not the end, that the future is gloriously perfect and fulfilling beyond anything I can imagine, and that God has made a way for sin and death to be conquered! God has done what my broken and sinful self could never do. Christ lived a faithful and righteous life for me, became a sacrifice and substitute for my sins, and rose from death victoriously, that I would be pardoned from the eternal death, separation, and judgment my sins deserve. Me, an undeserving person, now receives forgiveness and Heaven.

O how God gives life, hope, and joy! He is glorious and deserving of my adoration. He is God over all, the one whose love and grace deserves my full devotion."

Last edited:
I was a slave in Egypt. (Deuteronomy 15:15 KJV) Yet He sought me still.

Although I sat in the shadow of darkness, a prisoner of my own sin and rebellion, the Lord saw fit to break my bonds. He broke those bars of iron, and called me out. Praise the Lord for his mercy and his marvelous works!

Psalm 107:10-16

I was a slave in Egypt. (Deuteronomy 15:15 KJV) Yet He sought me still.
Was reading with the wife and kids the other day, and found it interesting how many times the Lord calls Egypt the "Iron furnace".

Deuteronomy 4:20
1 Kings 8:51
Jeremiah 11:4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back