Blueridge Believer Puritan Board Professor Oct 19, 2006 #1 Watch this 8 min video. http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/10/17/olbermann-the-day-habeas-corpus-died/
Watch this 8 min video. http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/10/17/olbermann-the-day-habeas-corpus-died/
B Blue Tick Puritan Board Graduate Nov 1, 2006 #2 I watched this video and I don't know what to say! Yes, it's quite disturbing! However, my question is this: What are we supposed to do as Christians? I know we are supposed to submit to the governing authorities but where do we draw the line? Any thoughts? John
I watched this video and I don't know what to say! Yes, it's quite disturbing! However, my question is this: What are we supposed to do as Christians? I know we are supposed to submit to the governing authorities but where do we draw the line? Any thoughts? John
RamistThomist Puritanboard Assessor Nov 1, 2006 #3 Submit, yes, unto the Lord (an important and vital limiting qualification to our submission). But if God is pleased to grant us a lesser civil magistrate who seeks to restore the rule of law, then we can rally behind him.
Submit, yes, unto the Lord (an important and vital limiting qualification to our submission). But if God is pleased to grant us a lesser civil magistrate who seeks to restore the rule of law, then we can rally behind him.
B Blue Tick Puritan Board Graduate Nov 1, 2006 #4 Hi Jacob, I was curious if you could expound on this. "But if God is pleased to grant us a lesser civil magistrate who seeks to restore the rule of law, then we can rally behind him" We are supposed to support the government as long as it doesn't violate God's commands? I need some clarification on this? Thanks,
Hi Jacob, I was curious if you could expound on this. "But if God is pleased to grant us a lesser civil magistrate who seeks to restore the rule of law, then we can rally behind him" We are supposed to support the government as long as it doesn't violate God's commands? I need some clarification on this? Thanks,