Halo 3 unveiled!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Bladestunner316
The Ps3 will be superior but your paying extra for a pre installed blu ray player which will be the format for ps3 games.

The 360 will cost the same as a ps3 if you buy the upcoming add on HD-DVD player. Which will be a waste since blu ray has more support.

Plus the PS3 is backwards compatible with 2 and 1 and there is no region coding. Up to 7 players on wireless controllers and one maching to connect to dual 1080p tvs.

blade

That won`t matter to most people though,Blade.Price is a big factor.Especially considering the gamers have two other options to choose this year.I am more surprised that it matters as much as is does to even hardcore gamers.I have been checking out the gamefaqs.com PS3 forum and it has been gaining huge bad publicity over the price.I wanted a PS3 too but I am unwilling to spend 600,500,or even 400 dollars for one.I even thought the XBOX 360 price was rediculous.I have bills to pay.

Originally posted by StaunchPresbyterian
Originally posted by Average Joey
Man guys I was looking forward to the PS3 too and so were several people I know.Now we are not going to buy one because of that price.It makes the XBOX 360 look cheap.
Hmm. I guess I don't understand your reasoning. The two machines aren't comparable. The PS3 has far superior hardware . . .

xBox 360 = $400 low bundle; $500 high bundle (though Amazon's price is actually $563 right now).

PS3 = $499 low model; $599 high model.

Seems like the prices aren't that different at all--especially considering that the PS3 isn't just a simple "update" to the PS2, like the xBox 360 is compared to the xBox. And since Sony is going to release so many more on the release date, you won't have to buy your PS3 for $1,000 off eBay.

High end 360 is $399.00

You say PS3's hardware is "far superior" what exactly do you mean? Processing power, speed? By far do you mean the gap between the original Xbox and PS2?

Speaking of this difference, it remains to be seen if the game developers are going to be able to utilize the PS3's hardware. Remember when the original Xbox came out? It was junk. It had / has superior hardware and power over the PS2 but the games put out were crud for the most part.

Then, as developers grew accustomed to the Xbox's structure you saw it slowly pull away from the PS2. Now, every single game that comes out on both platforms, the Xbox's version is noticeably better. Not mentioning Xbox Live support to boot.

I don't think you can compare the Xbox to the PS2 . . the Xbox came out almost 2 years after the PS2 did. A lot happens to hardware in 2 years.

MS did what they always do: release products before they're ready--that's why it had bad games for so long. They just figured their marketing would do the job for them.

I'm no fan of MS, sorry guys! :judge:

Originally posted by mangum
Man guys I was looking forward to the PS3 too and so were several people I know.Now we are not going to buy one because of that price.It makes the XBOX 360 look cheap.
Hmm. I guess I don't understand your reasoning. The two machines aren't comparable. The PS3 has far superior hardware . . .

xBox 360 = $400 low bundle; $500 high bundle (though Amazon's price is actually $563 right now).

PS3 = $499 low model; $599 high model.

Seems like the prices aren't that different at all--especially considering that the PS3 isn't just a simple "update" to the PS2, like the xBox 360 is compared to the xBox. And since Sony is going to release so many more on the release date, you won't have to buy your PS3 for $1,000 off eBay.

High end 360 is $399.00

You say PS3's hardware is "far superior" what exactly do you mean? Processing power, speed? By far do you mean the gap between the original Xbox and PS2?

Speaking of this difference, it remains to be seen if the game developers are going to be able to utilize the PS3's hardware. Remember when the original Xbox came out? It was junk. It had / has superior hardware and power over the PS2 but the games put out were crud for the most part.

Then, as developers grew accustomed to the Xbox's structure you saw it slowly pull away from the PS2. Now, every single game that comes out on both platforms, the Xbox's version is noticeably better. Not mentioning Xbox Live support to boot.

By "far superior" he means the power compared to the 360 and Wii.And he is correct.That power however is what is bad.It is why the darn thing is going to be so expensive.Eh,funny thing is earlier I read that Sony is actually going to be losing a little money for releasing it as "CHEAP" as they are.

I don't think you can compare the Xbox to the PS2 . . the Xbox came out almost 2 years after the PS2 did. A lot happens to hardware in 2 years.

MS did what they always do: release products before they're ready--that's why it had bad games for so long. They just figured their marketing would do the job for them.

The PS2 came out in North America on October 26, 2000. And the Xbox came out November 15, 2001. One year apart. You're right, I know about hardware, I am in the IT industry. Looking at the specs I can't see why one would think PS3's hardware is "far" superior to the Xbox 360's.

Before I am considered a fanboy, I have owned all consoles in the sixth generation era. Also note, my disdain for the borg that is Micro$oft is demonstrated by my use of Linux. ;) I'm sure we would agree completely when talking about MS and Windows.

But that won't stop me from recognizing good gaming either.

By "far superior" he means the power compared to the 360 and Wii.And he is correct.That power however is what is bad.It is why the darn thing is going to be so expensive.Eh,funny thing is earlier I read that Sony is actually going to be losing a little money for releasing it as "CHEAP" as they are.

Am I missing something? Wii is far superior in hardware too? What leads you to believe this? This is the first (and I believe the last) time I've heard this.

Just in case though, I'll go check the specs comparison again.

FYI: Each Co. (Nintendo, Sony, and MS) will be losing much money on each console they sell. Sony's premium PS3 is estimated to cost them over $800 to build. Same goes for the 360 and Nintendo.

This was also the case for their predecessors.

[Edited on 5-17-2006 by mangum]

Originally posted by mangum

The PS2 came out in North America on October 26, 2000. And the Xbox came out November 15, 2001. One year apart. You're right, I know about hardware, I am in the IT industry. Looking at the specs I can't see why one would think PS3's hardware is "far" superior to the Xbox 360's.

Before I am considered a fanboy, I have owned all consoles in the sixth generation era. Also note, my disdain for the borg that is Micro$oft is demonstrated by my use of Linux. ;) I'm sure we would agree completely when talking about MS and Windows.

But that won't stop me from recognizing good gaming either.

Am I missing something? Wii is far superior in hardware too? What leads you to believe this? This is the first (and I believe the last) time I've heard this.

Just in case though, I'll go check the specs comparison again.

FYI: Each Co. (Nintendo, Sony, and MS) will be losing much money on each console they sell. Sony's premium PS3 is estimated to cost them over $800 to build. Same goes for the 360 and Nintendo.

This was also the case for their predecessors.

[Edited on 5-17-2006 by mangum]

No,I said that he is correct in saying that the PS3 IS more powerful than both XBOX 360 and the Nintendo Wii.But,that it`s high price will hurt it.

Let me add that I did not know that Nintendo would be losing money on their console.This is the first I have heard it.Especially considering that they did their best to make sure their hardware was much less expensive to produce.

[Edited on 5-17-2006 by Average Joey]

For those who have a 360 are you going to shell out $199 for an hddvd adapter?

Price is expensive but the benefits are better. 360 is not region free or fully backwards compatible, and wont have blu ray or free online gaming(minus purchases) or the great games that sony will get.

But frankly I dont care if you dont get it. I will :)

Enjoy Halo 3 and Word or Paintbrush 360 :lol:

Absolutely NOT. Highdef DVD's will be nice...eventually, but until the world decides what format we're going to use I will not risk buying either. I will also never...EVER pay 30-40 bucks for a DVD. Maybe if they performed the movie live for me in my back yeard I might consider that price, but for a "crisper and sharper" picture...ummmm I don't think so.

What about PS3 games? If they cost 70-80 bucks, will you still be all smiles and giggles? I make a nice salary, but I would feel guilty (maybe even as if I sinned) paying that kind of cash for a GAME.

Price is expensive but the benefits are better. 360 is not region free or fully backwards compatible, and wont have blu ray or free online gaming(minus purchases) or the great games that sony will get.

But frankly I dont care if you dont get it. I will :)

Enjoy Halo 3 and Word or Paintbrush 360 :lol:

I`m not even getting a 360.It is to expensive as it is.Even without the HDDVD thing-a-mo-bob.

I`ll be most likely sitting at home enjoying my PS2,Gamecube,and may pick up a cheap Xbox to play.So many great games on all three great systems.I`m sure eventually I`ll be picking up a PS3,Wii,and 360,once the PS4.2,Nintendo Wiiwii Cube,and Xbox 720 arguements are starting in the next several years.:p

Man I just love this!

8.gif

Ugh!Didn`t turn out so good.Follow this link:

Arnold

[Edited on 5-18-2006 by Average Joey]

Well my plan was to eventually get and play the PS2 games I want and then by that time get a ps3 when prices lower. I may love the ps3 over 360 but I dont make enough dough to justufy spending it on that.

Man I just love this!

8.gif

Arnold

Just link to the original file ;)

8.gif

It is rather funny . . yeah, right . . Arnold can't afford to purchase a PS3. :p

Man I just love this!

8.gif

Arnold

Just link to the original file ;)

8.gif

It is rather funny . . yeah, right . . Arnold can't afford to purchase a PS3. :p

What movie is that from anyway?Looks like Terminator 3 but I don`t remember him smiling.

John was trying to get him to be more human by smiling.

One of the things I absolutely hated about T2.I`m glad they didn`t really do that in T3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back