Hard Proof that the North was Right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
I have incontrovertible proof that the North was in the right regarding the Civil War.

Pay attention, now!

<clears throat> The Bible speaks of union with Christ, not confederacy with Christ.

Thank you.

All cash gifts gratefully accepted.

I have incontrovertible proof that the North was in the right regarding the Civil War.

Pay attention, now!

<clears throat> The Bible speaks of union with Christ, not confederacy with Christ.

Thank you.

All cash gifts gratefully accepted.
Not coincidentally, the yankee Israelites were taking into captivity but the God-fearing southern tribes of Judah and Benjamin stood shining forth as a beacon of light in a sea of iniquity.

The confederates could call their nation a union of states... apples and oranges my friend.

Pay attention, now!

I was about to make a similar observation:detective: in this thread
I've Joined the Dark Side...

...which is <also clears throat> The Bible speaks of the windows of heaven. There are no refrences to "Macs" or "penguines".

But then that logic is doubtless as flawed as yours. :D

Pay attention, now!

I was about to make a similar observation:detective: in this thread
I've Joined the Dark Side...

...which is <also clears throat> The Bible speaks of the windows of heaven. There are no refrences to "Macs" or "penguines".

:rofl:

How about this one:

The leader of the North was Abraham. Jefferson is not even mentioned in the Bible.

Check and Mate.

When the winds of such controversies are blowing I prefer to stay on the Lee side. At least Grant that I'll be sure that I won't be having my sails up.

Brother,

If you knew your Bible you would know that Jeremiah prophesied about the coming of the Windows operating system and its many bugs and security vulnerabilities when he said...

Jeremiah 9:21 "For death has come up into our windows..."

Actually, Apple obviously manufactures the operating system of Satan. Look at its logo...an apple with a bite taken out of it! Ahem...

I could be prejudice in my reading seeing as how I am in the Republic if Texas but...
Maybe the verse you are mentioning was encouragement for the Southren to help the union brethren be with Christ as quickly as possible.

I forget which side was it that had the motto Deo Vindice?
( no hard feelings meant to anyone, just funnin' - I always dog the invaders )

I must now go continue work on the new world domination operating system I am creating

General
Robt E. Lee
Intergalactic
Takeover
Software

or GRITS for short

Last edited:
Honest Request:

I must admit that I am fairly ignorant when in comes to the political and social climate of the Civil War. Being raised in California (if that has anything to do with it), the thought of even considering that the south was somewhat in the right is unheard of. Therefore I am curious to know more in general about the arguments in favor of the South, etc.

many thanks.

That would be another thread. Virginia Hugueunot, do you know where it is? Seems we had a big smackdown about this two years ago.

Honest Request:

I must admit that I am fairly ignorant when in comes to the political and social climate of the Civil War. Being raised in California (if that has anything to do with it), the thought of even considering that the south was somewhat in the right is unheard of. Therefore I am curious to know more in general about the arguments in favor of the South, etc.

many thanks.
The argument can be made very strongly that states rights and the subsequent denial of them were indeed a proper call to arms, look at the current state of over-bearing central government and you will trace the roots of it all the way back to the civil war and the presuppositions that emerged as an outcome of a Northern victory.

States can't deny abortion, states can't forbid homosexual marriage, federal income taxes ect..

Slavery is a national sin, not a southern one and it is a common revision to chalk it up as the focal point of the war and to paint Lincoln and the Union as emancipators of good will, they emancipated to tick off the south, it was politically strategic and not of much moral fiber that the Emancipation Proclamation came to pass.

Truth be told Lincoln wanted all slaves out of America and rounded up and sent to Liberia, he even once went on record to say that if he could save the Union without emancipating slaves he would in a heart beat.

It was a political move to rally the Christians and abolishionists (usually one in the same) to the Union cause by making slavery a talking point of the war.

From a southern standpoint slavery was merely the last straw in a history of arrogance towards the states on the part of Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back