Homeless Saints: A proposed solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradofshaw

Puritan Board Freshman
How fitting that the New Orleans saints have become pilgrims without an earthly home...

Anyway, I just read an article on Fox Sports about what the NFL will do with the homeless Saints. They don't seem to know where they should play their home games, although they are presently in San Antonio.

Just a thought, if the NFL wanted to score some huge positive publicity, they might try turning the Saint's would-be home games into fundraisers for disaster relief. I say find 8 cities without their own football team to put up the team, get some corporate sponsors, sell fairly priced tickets, bill it as a huge human interest story, and give the proceeds to hurricane relief. Get U2 or Biance or some big name act to do a concert/half-time show, and just make it a big party. They could be America's adopted team for a season. People like that kind of sentimental patriotic stuff, and it would probably get people to give money that wouldn't otherwise.

From the article it sounds like the owner is gonna sell the team anyway, so if the league can just cover enough for him to cover his losses, it might work out for everyone involved. I have no idea what the costs involved would be, but I bet it could work if everyone cooperated.

The big problem is, who will pay good money to see the Saints?

rats, when i saw the title i thought it would be a proposal to house Christians out of New Orleans in churches and brethren's homes throughout the country.

Originally posted by rmwilliamsjr
rats, when i saw the title i thought it would be a proposal to house Christians out of New Orleans in churches and brethren's homes throughout the country.

Ouch.

But isnt that a little harsh for a proposed solution to raise funds for disaster relief?

ship the saints off to Los Angeles. That city is in need of a football team.

[Edited on 9-2-2005 by Slippery]

Adopt a Displaced PCA Family?

A number of PCA members have e-mailed us with the suggestion that PCA churches and members consider "adopting" PCA members displaced because of Hurricane Katrina. There is some discussion of this adoption program, but it will require setting up an administrative process to put it into place. Until a firm plan is put together, pray about and evaluate your circumstances and be prepared to assist this way if the way be clear.

from today's PCA byfaithonline email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back