How do I become a PB "Doctor"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nse007

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi all,

Maybe I'm dumb but could someone tell me exactly how I move up from being a "Puritan Board Freshman" to a sophomore to a junior? Is based soley on how long I've been on the sight or by how many posts I put up or what?

Many Thanks

Dr. Nse,

Dude, it is how many posts you post..... I believe 1000 post is Junior, which I am 50 post away from... :wow:

Hi all,

Maybe I'm dumb but could someone tell me exactly how I move up from being a "Puritan Board Freshman" to a sophomore to a junior? Is based soley on how long I've been on the sight or by how many posts I put up or what?

Many Thanks

I don't know if this is still the rule but previously the criteria to advance from one level to another was as follows:

Puritanboard Freshman 1 Posts
Puritanboard Sophmore 500 Posts
Puritanboard Junior 1000 Posts
Puritanboard Senior 2000 Posts
Puritanboard Graduate 3000 Posts
Puritanboard Postgraduate 4000 Posts
Puritanboard Professor 5000 Posts
Puritanboard Doctor 6000 Posts

http://www.puritanboard.com/f58/freshman-sophmore-et-al-20299/

On the subject of moderators, see here:

The PuritanBoard - FAQ: Reading and Posting Messages

Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.

Or you "look" like a bouncer! (lol)

Hi all,

Many Thanks

:scratch:

I wondered that when I first joined as well; but viewing user profiles helped me to figure it out. Now I am a senior.

Time/Post formula....

I think we need a Time + Post formula for advancement. Say, minimum posts per year, maybe 25...about two a month, and year, equals, up a grade.....for those that read 'em all, but don't post that much......I'm ready to :graduate:

All good though.....just a fun thought!!!!!:)

I think we need a Time + Post formula for advancement. Say, minimum posts per year, maybe 25...about two a month, and year, equals, up a grade.....for those that read 'em all, but don't post that much......I'm ready to :graduate:

All good though.....just a fun thought!!!!!:)
I agree!

Then, of course, there is "the power of the dark side" -- that hideous strength available to the éminence grise to manipulate the count to read...

anything he wants it to

Mark Twain famously observed: "Never pick a fight with anyone who buys ink by the barrel." The up-to-date revision is as follows: “Never pick a fight with a person who writes in his pajamas.” On the PB, the line should read: "Never pick a fight with a person higher up than you on the post count pecking order, especially with a 'Moderator.'"

Mark Twain famously observed: "Never pick a fight with anyone who buys ink by the barrel." The up-to-date revision is as follows: “Never pick a fight with a person who writes in his pajamas.” On the PB, the line should read: "Never pick a fight with a person higher up than you on the post count pecking order, especially with a 'Moderator.'"

Certain Baptists have learned not to pick a fight with Rich. Amazing things happen to tag lines and avatars. "Can't we all just get along?"

I wonder if we can be made to repeat a grade level again? You know, for being premil or something for an extended amount of time? :eek:

Just kidding, my premil brothers!

That policy is a little out of date. I will addend to it what I believe are some of the additional "essential" in choosing Mods and Admins:

1. Cold, hard cash.

After that criteria, we're really looking for a mixture of mods that satisfy a breadth of traits to keep the Puritanboard attractive to a wide audience:

2. A Mod that everybody wants to be friends with: Bawb, Randy

3. Some super-smart guy that reminds everybody else that they're not as studied in Reformed Theology as the people in their Churches think: Contra_Mundum

4. A Mod that will make sure we don't get too lax in allowing too many "posers" to join the PuritanBoard: wsw201

5. A woman to keep this place from sinking into being just a male lockerroom: turmeric

6. A few Baptists to keep the peasants from revolting.

7. A youngster whose hair we like to tussle now and again and pinch his cheeks but, deep down, we're thinking: "Boy was I an idiot when I was 21....": Me Died Blue

8. Some guy from the Northwest to prove that they're not all going to be cast into the lake of fire but, still, there's just something edgy and anti-establishment about even the believin' ones: victorbravo

9. A guy from Arkansas to prove that not everybody from the deep, deep South thinks smokin', drinkin', card-playin', and baby-sprinklin' is of the Devil and is convinced that Christianity was founded by Billy Graham: joshua

Hey, I'm in the PCUSA, I should get a special indulgence. (of course, #3 above would apply because, well it is a PCUSA church. If I have to hear Barth quoted in a nice way in a sermon again I'm gonna barfth.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back