How Do You Use Facebook?

How do you use facebook?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Facebook's great! It's not inherently evil as some are trying to make it out to be. Sure, there are many ways it can be used for evil, but then again so can the internet or money. Use it for good and avoid the problems and I don't see why people poo-poo it so much. I use FB in a similar way that I use this forum - to connect with like-minded friends. In fact, FB is an extension of many friendships that originated here over the years. I am friends with several PBers on FB, many of whom live hundreds of miles away. It gives me a glimpse into their personal lives and perhaps they feel differently, but I consider many of you true friends. I am encouraged by the quotes many of you share, I laugh at your jokes, I LOVE seeing photos of your kids, and I pray for you and your ministries. So those of you whose conscience is bothered by FB, then abstain away, but this guy is a happy Facebooker!

I use it mostly to see what my daughter is doing, but also to keep up with friends and family and to post occasional scriptures.

Facebook's great! It's not inherently evil as some are trying to make it out to be. Sure, there are many ways it can be used for evil, but then again so can the internet or money. Use it for good and avoid the problems and I don't see why people poo-poo it so much. I use FB in a similar way that I use this forum - to connect with like-minded friends. In fact, FB is an extension of many friendships that originated here over the years. I am friends with several PBers on FB, many of whom live hundreds of miles away. It gives me a glimpse into their personal lives and perhaps they feel differently, but I consider many of you true friends. I am encouraged by the quotes many of you share, I laugh at your jokes, I LOVE seeing photos of your kids, and I pray for you and your ministries. So those of you whose conscience is bothered by FB, then abstain away, but this guy is a happy Facebooker!

:ditto:

I would never see most of my friends' kids grow up without FB because we live hours away. If you haven't seen the photos of Andrew's son on Sundays, you're missing out! :)

I no longer use it. Except for a few people I would keep up with, the rest was mostly ax grinding and other asinine activities.

I use it as a scapegoat to blame the world's problems upon.

Otherwise, I'm a Facebook no-account.

Other. I deactivated mine a while ago. Before that it was to occasionally to talk to people whose numbers I did not have but, now I have them.

If you have deactivated it then most likely you are still on it just "deactivated". Your info is still out there and the next time you try to log in, everything will be as you left it. You have to Delete your account if you really want to be off facebook. Then, and only then when you try to log on, you will not be found. How to do that? I can't remember but it was some effort. Google it and you will find out how!: ;)

I've met a lot of likeminded people there. Most of my discussion nowadays is confined to some groups or interest pages and I don't post that much stuff elsewhere unless it's a link to a blog post or something.

I keep up with friends and family, old schoolmates, friends in my church and denomination and enjoy seeing how my children interact with others. I post pictures of our family, share a some articles, share a few conspiracy theories, and sign a few petitions. My friends that keep posting pictures of cats and "like if you love Jesus" pictures I have put in their own little group so I don't have to keep looking at cats with attitude etc. But I do check in now and then, so they know I still love 'em. ;)

I use it for keeping in contact with people in the Air Force and Army. I also use it as a news feeder. That's my primary use for it now. Similar to Drudge, but with different feeds.

Other. I deactivated mine a while ago. Before that it was to occasionally to talk to people whose numbers I did not have but, now I have them.

If you have deactivated it then most likely you are still on it just "deactivated". Your info is still out there and the next time you try to log in, everything will be as you left it. You have to Delete your account if you really want to be off facebook. Then, and only then when you try to log on, you will not be found. How to do that? I can't remember but it was some effort. Google it and you will find out how!: ;)
Found this!
How do I permanently delete my account? | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

Like Eric I mainly use it to discuss news, and post pictures of my grandchildren

I mainly use it to discuss news, continue inside jokes with my brothers and post pictures of myself (just kidding)

Like Eric I mainly use it to discuss news, continue inside jokes with my friends and family and post pictures of my grandchildren. My about page also has let everyone know I am now a Presbyterian. Some friends and distant family were not aware that I left the RCC in 2006 and was now a Protestant, Now they do. No one says anything about it most of my catholic family and friends see that I have a deeper faith and spirituality now than I did when I was a Roman catholic. While I do not debate religious topics on my Timeline , The public can see many the pages I like are predominately Reformed and Protestant. I do belong to several Reformed Forums and Protestant forums on face book. I also post some of my thoughts but I keep the religious debates to the Protestant forums. I think Fellowship of Reformed Men,Christians Holding Reformed Insight Systematic Theology C.H.R.I.S.T are good forums. The Modern Reformation Society, I like very much. It adheres to The Official Confession and Subordinate Standard which is the Original Westminster Confession of Faith (1646) this FB Group also adheres to the approved formularies recognized as Reformed Subordinate Standards also. I have learned much on these forums as I have on the PB.
I also belong to John Calvin Evangelist and pastor. This group is for the purpose of presenting posts either from any of Calvin's own writings, commentaries, etc. or articles by other reformed writers, that demonstrate Calvin's heart as a pastor and evangelist, for the purpose of dispelling all false teaching and slander against this Godly pastor, evangelist and servant of our Lord.
I also belong to Roman Catholicism Is Apostate. It is a fellowship dedicated to gracefully ministering to the Roman Catholics and creating a platform for profitable dialogue; trying to help Catholics see that Roman Catholicism is a false Christian church. As an ex catholic I am also appreciated by many of the protestants on the forums as I have been on the PB. I have a perspective of living in both faiths. I was also requested to become a member of a forum ‘The pope is the Antichrist” which I do believe is true. It is a closed forum for all who believe as the original WCF “"There is no other head of the Church but the Lord Jesus Christ: nor can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof; ...but is that Antichrist, that man of sin and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the Church against Christ, and all that is called God." - Westminster Confession of Faith.”

I do not use Facebook. There is too much personal information floating around.

Last edited:
I use it to keep up with friends and family. Sometimes I post about spiritual things, but it doesn't always go over well. I usually keep it light on Facebook. I like it, because I have family I haven't seen in years. I wouldn't be in touch with them without it. It also allows me to see pictures of them all.

Yes, trying to keep it light is important with a FB audience. I find that it's like any relationship. You have to earn a hearing and build cred.

Our church has a FB page to which I post occasionally (mostly announcements, or a good quote that will encourage our people). I deleted my personal account about 5 months ago and am glad I did (I only began it for networking when we were seeking a church to serve).

My wife asked me to keep something of a presence on FB, so we put my name on her account. I have logged in twice in that 5 months, at her request, and found that I don't miss it at all...I have spent the time I reclaimed in reading or playing with our children.

I will say that I have been tremendously grateful for FB, however; it has allowed my wife to remain in close contact with her friends for encouragement and prayer (being a pastor's wife is a lonely business at times). Blessings to those who have enjoyed it.

I joined Facebook in January but seldom write anything. I used it mainly when our middle son was in Australia to see his pictures. Likewise our youngest is in Edinburgh and its good to see his friends and activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back