How many "Tats" and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. And what about the panhandler with the dog? Dude, you can afford a dog but you can't afford Chicken McNuggets?

My daughter and I were wandering around the pedestrian district of a major German city, talking about the panhandlers. We finally concluded that the ones with the pets were likely to bring in more money than those that were just begging on their own. A fair number of dogs, some rats, at least one parrot.

but also some passages are deemed moral in that they are eternal and unchangeable (such as "love your neighbor as yourself").

I find some irony in your mentioning that, seeing many of the replies in this thread. I was taught to 'love the sinner, but hate the sin.' Plenty of hating the sin going on in this thread, but not much love apparent.

The thread is focussing on the normative aspect of things, rather than our existential attitude to the tatooed brother or sister, or the tatooed unconverted person that comes to church or across our path. Different questions get different answers.

but also some passages are deemed moral in that they are eternal and unchangeable (such as "love your neighbor as yourself").

I find some irony in your mentioning that, seeing many of the replies in this thread. I was taught to 'love the sinner, but hate the sin.' Plenty of hating the sin going on in this thread, but not much love apparent.

The thread is focussing on the normative aspect of things, rather than our existential attitude to the tatooed brother or sister, or the tatooed unconverted person that comes to church or across our path. Different questions get different answers.
Ahh, compartmentalizing Christianity ? I thought we 'walk in the Spirit' 24/7, to the best of our ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back