I'm back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me Died Blue

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
I haven't really had the time to post here for awhile, and I've been pretty busy. A couple weeks ago I went to Valley Forge and Philly for a youth conference created by the Freedoms Foundation. There were about 15 high-school students represented from Cincinnati (my home town), and about that equivalent in 5 different states. We toured Valley Forge, Liberty Hall, and discussed things like the Patriot Act. It was really neat.

Last week, I visited the college I'm going to this fall, Rhodes College. It's a small top-tier liberal arts college near downtown Memphis. I was leaning toward Wheaton or Westmont, but since I'll most likely be going to seminary for 4 years, plan to eventually teach theology at a college or seminary level, and will be actively involved in a local church, I decided that my undergraduate college years will probably be the best chance I get all my life to really experience a lot of diversity among people. So I chose non-Christian school. After all, it's ultimately the church's place to sustain me spiritually, not my college's.

Also, 18 of us from my youth group are going on a missions trip to Stanford-le-Hope, England this summer. Right now we're doing a lot of preparation sessions.

With all this going on, I had to take a breather from the internet. But I'm back now, and I look forward to interacting with everyone again!

In Christ,

Chris

Hi ya Chris,
Sounds like your plate has been full, but wuith alot of excellent things! Welcome back, you were missed.:book:

Nice to have you back brother. Your fellow student here will be praying for you that your collegiate years will go well.

Rembrandt

I'll be praying for you and soon-to-begin college life!

I'm there myself and it's really awesome!

Perhaps we ask for a board for college students to discuss topics relevant to us (moreso than other board members) or discussions we've gotten into?:puzzled:

[quote:c47d80ab60][i:c47d80ab60]Originally posted by FrozenChosen[/i:c47d80ab60]
Perhaps we ask for a board for college students to discuss topics relevant to us (moreso than other board members) or discussions we've gotten into?:puzzled: [/quote:c47d80ab60]

That would be awesome! There seems to be a number of us. There is so much interesting things to talk about, especially life at a [i:c47d80ab60]secular[/i:c47d80ab60] university. Will be taking a philosophy class next semester... will be interesting...

Rembrandt

[quote:00701bfa41][i:00701bfa41]Originally posted by rembrandt[/i:00701bfa41]
Nice to have you back brother. Your fellow student here will be praying for you that your collegiate years will go well.

Rembrandt [/quote:00701bfa41]

Same to you, Paul. I forget, what college are you at?

[quote:00701bfa41][i:00701bfa41]Originally posted by Bladestunner316[/i:00701bfa41]
Velkomen back brother [/quote:00701bfa41]

Danke, bruder!

[quote:00701bfa41][i:00701bfa41]Originally posted by rembrandt[/i:00701bfa41]
[quote:00701bfa41][i:00701bfa41]Originally posted by FrozenChosen[/i:00701bfa41]
Perhaps we ask for a board for college students to discuss topics relevant to us (moreso than other board members) or discussions we've gotten into?:puzzled: [/quote:00701bfa41]

That would be awesome! There seems to be a number of us. There is so much interesting things to talk about, especially life at a [i:00701bfa41]secular[/i:00701bfa41] university. Will be taking a philosophy class next semester... will be interesting...

Rembrandt [/quote:00701bfa41]

Yeah, really...that's a great idea for a new forum, Daniel. Matt and Scott, what do you think?

Rhodes College has a beautiful campus, although it is surrounded by not the best neighborhood. Is Rhodes non-Christian? I thought it was at least nominal or mainline. Not that it would matter in a practical sense.

Lon

Me Died Blue, I go to Tallahassee Community College, and soon to be at Florida State after this next year.

What do the moderators think about that board? Maybe like with the men's only and women's only forum, it could only show up on [i:1f4f50aed8]our[/i:1f4f50aed8] computer screens or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back