turmeric
Megerator
Mom's offering to buy me a computer. I saw a basic IMac for $1000 + 150 for OfficeMac. Should I switch? I have absolutely NO geek qualities, where computers are concerned. I'm told that Macs never crash, viruses can't attack your email, but I've never used a Mac and don't know if a basic one is enough. Windows AND Mac users welcome to share their pro's and con's.
Thanks!
Thanks!
That's a good one. Please make sure you put antivirus software on your computer if you do end up with a Mac. Mac's are not attacked as often as PC's but they're not immune. Mac has also benefitted from a closed architecture for many years. Ironically, when Mac OSX was released, many mainstream products would not run on OSX (i.e. lack of backward compatibility). If Microsoft had done that and told users they had to upgrade mainstream Microsoft apps the world would have flipped out. But Apple is always good and Microsoft is evil so it all makes sense in the world of enthusiasts.