Interested in reading Confessions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieJ

Puritan Board Junior
This Fall, I'm considering starting an online reading group dedicated to St. Augustine's Confessions. Confessions is about 300 pages (depending on edition) and is divided into 13 books (chapters). So, committing to the group would require only about 25 pages per week, plus some time spent in meditation. Weekly I would write a blog covering the content, giving some background analysis, and exploring one or more themes found in the reading. Group members would be strongly encouraged to share their own thoughts and questions regarding the text or its significance to the Christian life. Confessions is a provocative devotional work, so the potential for engaging interaction is rich.

I'm not asking anyone to commit to anything. Who, though, might be interested in participating in such a group?
 
I would. One of my favorite people I admire. I will have to buy another copy because I usually give good books away.
 
I would. One of my favorite people I admire. I will have to buy another copy because I usually give good books away.

Have any good books you want to give away? I will take any. Just kidding.

I would be interested in reading with you.
 
I might be interested , it depends on my fall teaching schedule. Let me know when you plan to start.
 
I would love to be a part of this group. I teach an Omnibus course for 11th grade that uses this book as part of their reading. I would enjoy having more insights into this pivot work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top