"Interesting Documentary".... Deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwallard

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello, all,

A few days ago, I believe, I posted a documentary about a Chicago eatery called "Nini's" and it's subsequent downfall by the Black Lives Matter movement because of it's stand on homosexuality and abortion. I enjoyed the discussion, so thank you all for your interaction with the material! I asked for advice with someone in my life who is attached to BLM and has declared himself a woman and now hates God and his Reformed heritage.

These days are difficult, and I can think of many legitimate reasons why that post was deleted, but I would still like to know an answer from the Mods as to why, or else I will continue to post things which will be against your terms of discussion by accident. What was the reason for it's removal?

Hello, all,

A few days ago, I believe, I posted a documentary about a Chicago eatery called "Nini's" and it's subsequent downfall by the Black Lives Matter movement because of it's stand on homosexuality and abortion. I enjoyed the discussion, so thank you all for your interaction with the material! I asked for advice with someone in my life who is attached to BLM and has declared himself a woman and now hates God and his Reformed heritage.

These days are difficult, and I can think of many legitimate reasons why that post was deleted, but I would still like to know an answer from the Mods as to why, or else I will continue to post things which will be against your terms of discussion by accident. What was the reason for it's removal?
It wasn't deleted. The mods move the thread to a private forum.

If you guys can go to that post, then I will delete this post, but I still can't access it, somehow.

1616674952385.png

I have yet to reset my computer (I will be able to in 20 minutes), but if there are any computer guys in here: could it be a DDOS attack, or something similar?
Most likely not. The thread was moved from a public forum to a private one. An issue must have occurred in the transfer.

A DDOS attack would go after the entire site. You wouldn't be able to comment at all.

Most likely not. The thread was moved from a public forum to a private one. An issue must have occurred in the transfer.

A DDOS attack would go after the entire site. You wouldn't be able to comment at all.
I realized the inconsistency in that thought right after I posted that. My bad! You're too quick! I deleted that post right as you were replying. Ha! Either way. Thank you all for replying.

I realized the inconsistency in that thought right after I posted that. My bad! You're too quick! I deleted that post right as you were replying. Ha! Either way. Thank you all for replying.
No worries, brother.
That is the same link I posted previously. There is an issue with the thread.

Try posting in the thread. You will most likely get an error.

Grant, the issue appears to be that you didn't have access to the members only forums. I have changed that. Try accessing it now.

Grant, the issue appears to be that you didn't have access to the members only forums. I have changed that. Try accessing it now.
Thank you, Mr. Keister! I just posted a test comment on the other post. I have access now, so if it is all resolved, then this post is obsolete and can be deleted. Thank you all! Forgive my ignorance on these things.

As it is, Robert, I am probably extra sensitive on these topics. I have frequented Reddit before - which I avoid now - but their tactics of raiding came to mind instantly. It is good to know this is a well-protected place.

Members need 26 posts before access to private forums kicks in. Sort of a safety feature if moderators haven't figured out before then someone doesn't "fit in." I don't know why it would cause a problem for members with enough posts, but maybe since Grant did not have enough posts yet and he was the tread author, the thread auto closed for some reason, perhaps because he would not be able to respond?

Members need 26 posts before access to private forums kicks in. Sort of a safety feature if moderators haven't figured out before then someone doesn't "fit in." I don't know why it would cause a problem for members with enough posts, but maybe since Grant did not have enough posts yet and he was the tread author, the thread auto closed for some reason, perhaps because he would not be able to respond?
A very sensible rule! Thank you for letting me know. I have been a member for nearly 4 years, but I have been a "lurker," for most of that time. Now that I am at the end of my seminary time, I have a great many questions that I am submitting to the wisdom of this board which I never had answered, or would have been disruptive. I hope to graduate from Freshman on this board eventually!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back