earl40
Puritan Board Professor
Is it possible for a believer to do a work God commands from a purely selfish motive?
Here is why I asked. In the recent thread it was pointed out that on the last day a believers works will be tested and that Our Lord will judge the motive behind the work. Now I hope that we all can agree that this proposition is true, and if so any work that is not motivated by a loving faith would be burned up on that last day. So if we have any work totally burned up is that not a judgment of sin on the last day?
Here is why I asked. In the recent thread it was pointed out that on the last day a believers works will be tested and that Our Lord will judge the motive behind the work. Now I hope that we all can agree that this proposition is true, and if so any work that is not motivated by a loving faith would be burned up on that last day. So if we have any work totally burned up is that not a judgment of sin on the last day?