John MacArthur Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
John MacArthur has been pastor of Grace Community Church of the Valley, in Sun Valley, California, for 43 years, as of today (2/9). He'll be 73 on June 19 - which was also Spurgeon's birthday. A good Reformed pastor I know once remarked to me that, "I don't like dispensationalism, but MacArthur has a lot of good things to say regarding the Book of Revelation."

Happy anniversary, John!

Yeah I disagree with him wholeheartedly on his dispensational views of the church..but he is a very good pastor,especially on practical matters of faith.God bless Johnny Mac with more years to come,and more covenantal friends :)

I wonder how Charles Stanley is doing..I used to listen to him and he was up there in age,he is another person I respect besides his antinomian view of salvation

I attended The Master's College, where MacArthur is President, for two years and played some hoops there. I attended his church the entire time I was there and had an "Associate Membership." I learned a lot from him, and the experience is partly what spurred me toward reformed thought and practice. There were a good number of folks of the reformed persuasion while I was there with lively debates and discussion in coffee shops and the homes of friends. MacArthur's manner of preaching through the Bible book by book, verse by verse, was very new to me then and is still the preferred method for me today.

MacArthur has been a blessing to my life and clearly to many others as well. Thank you, Lord, for this brother, and give him many years to come!

Praise God for his Ministry. He was the first Pastor I listened to regularly who was a Calvinist and he really helped me understand the Doctrines of Grace.

May God continue to bless this faithful man. As with others here, when it comes to dispensationalism there is disagreement, but the man is an ardent champion for Reformed soteriology without apology.

I wonder how Charles Stanley is doing..I used to listen to him and he was up there in age,he is another person I respect besides his antinomian view of salvation

Charles Stanley will be 80 in September.

Excellence,he has been truly blessed, my great grandmother used to listen to him all the time,God bless him,R.C. Sproul,Billy Graham and others in these years to come also..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back