John Owen on the Holy Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

FenderPriest

Puritan Board Junior
So I'm about to begin reading Vol. 3 of Owen's works - which is his work on the Holy Spirit. From what the editor, and other's have said, this is a polemic work by Owen. It spans two volumes, and so I'll be reading Vol. 4 in time. I'm wondering a few things here:
1) Who's read the book around here?
2) Did it stretch your thinking on the person of the Holy Spirit to encompass more than previously thought?
3) Any guidelines on how to make a read through this as valuable as possible?
4) Any things to look out for that might otherwise be missed while reading?
5) ___Fill in the blank question here___

I believe it is the single best book on the doctrine of the Holy Spirit.

Read slowly. It also helps to outline as you go.

Reading a small number of pages at a time is adequate when studying a book like this - which needs to be studied tather than merely read.

Andrew Myers' pastor wrote something on reading difficult books which I found very helpful, hopefully if he sees this thread he will link it. :cool:

Reading a small number of pages at a time is adequate when studying a book like this - which needs to be studied tather than merely read.

Andrew Myers' pastor wrote something on reading difficult books which I found very helpful, hopefully if he sees this thread he will link it. :cool:

:) Sure thing.

Links and Downloads Manager - Educational Links - Reading Difficult Books -- Steven Dilday - The PuritanBoard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back