John Witherspoon at RHB for $3 a volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not be the best timing, what with Watson wars and all, but the works of Rev John Witherspoon are available at RHB for $3 a volume.
I snatched em already :p
[automerge]1773933971[/automerge]
John Robinson is $4 a Vol too
 
I got those as well! Those are thrift store prices for books!
Exactly. I used to splurge on books whenever I saw something I wanted but recently I’ve been kinda focusing on saving for the crazy RHB sales.
[automerge]1773934567[/automerge]
if only they’d do Spurgeon for $3 a volume :lol:
 
I can do the maths (note the "s", please :stirpot:).

I mean value in terms of what the material offers Christians and the church today.
Witherspoon is a link in Scottish realism between Britain and America, which came to fruition with Charles Hodge. While the Young Restless and Reformed will never do a conference on him, I think he is important.
 
Witherspoon is a link in Scottish realism between Britain and America, which came to fruition with Charles Hodge. While the Young Restless and Reformed will never do a conference on him, I think he is important.
I found an old PB post in which you discussed Witherspoon. That's what enticed me to puruse his works
 
If it was before 2012, I reject everything I said. If it is after 2012, then it is right by definition.
It was 2021. So I guess I'm safe? :)

 
It was 2021. So I guess I'm safe? :)

Yes. Although I am now more open to Witherspoon on the mode of government.
 
Funny this came up. I've been sorting through Common Sense Realism. John Witherspoon has come into focus as a way of dealing with the bridge that occurs in American church history where people jump from the pre-Independence era to the second great "awakening." Much in this time span explains the devolvement of the American church, or so I suspect and have been digging around.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top