Levi has Autism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Puritan Board Freshman
Thank you all for praying for my son, Levi. Today was his evaluation and they have concluded that he has autism like my 4 yesr old Noah. My wife and I are both very saddened even though we both expected the findings. I know that God is kind and sovereign and has a plan higher that what I can comprehend in all of this. He is my hope and stay.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I am sorry.... :sniff::sniff:

May our gracious God work this to His glory and give you grace to trust Him through this.

Look up and take hope in God!

We are continuing to pray for you and with you as you raise these boys in the nuture and admonition of the Lord.

Phillip

I am deeply sorry.

You must be very special parents though.

Ps. 73 :26 - 28
Though my flesh and my heart fail, God is the rock of my heart, my portion forever.

But those who are far from you perish; you destroy those unfaithful to you.

As for me, to be near God is my good, to make the Lord GOD my refuge.

[Edited on 5-7-2004 by Wintermute]

I am sorry. My 6 yr old son is also autistic. He is my pride and joy. He is doing so well with regular speech therapy and ABA (applied behavioral analysis) therapy that he is going into a normal 1st grade class. There is a lot more hope for autistic kids today. Some inroads have been made into treating it although no one knows what causes it yet. :( If I can be of any help at all as someone who as been down this road don't hesitate to ask. :)

Wanted to add a link about ABA. They have a list of providers. My son goes to Talk, Learn, and Communicate in WA state. Link

[Edited on 5-7-2004 by Augusta]

Will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

It is, after all, not the Dr.'s diagnoises that makes us who we are, but our Creator's plans.

Thanks all.

Augusta,
We are doing ABA with Noah (my four year old) and it has worked great. Now, after a year of using agentcies we have hired and trained our own therapists to do the ABA. At least this time we know what to expect and where to get help and such. We will have to talk sometime. I enjoy hearing about other families with autistic children.
God is good.

Thats really great Christopher. When we first started we were skeptical but when we see the results it is a Godsend. We are blessed to have it covered by insurance. God is good. It may seem tedious having to teach them everything in this special way but it works. He is learning so much. Regards, Augusta :)

I have a younger brother whos autistic. Like Mark said, you must be special parents. Thanks for all you're doing Christopher in making people aware of this. I'll talk to my wife about the auction event here in San Diego.

Mike

Thanks Mike! Sure , let me know about the auction. How is your brother. doing and how old is he now. Doeshe live around here?

Augusta, I was searching the web yesterday. Do you have web site on Autism? There is one with the name Augusta attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back