Library Software - Boo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
I'm doing battle with a library's software.

I've gotten 2 emails telling me that a book I checked out is overdue. Not so - I personally turned the book back in on April 26.

Out of curiosity, I checked the library's online catalog. Sure enough, the book is sitting quietly in its place on the shelf.

So, the library's software is telling me both that the book is overdue and that it's on the shelf, awaiting its next reader.

I just sent them an email regarding all this. It'll be interesting to see if they respond.

Guys, ya can't just buy an online catalog off of some guy in a pick-up truck!

UPDATE: Turns out the library is transitioning from the old bad software to some new bad software (heh), hence the confusion.

Last edited:
My suggestion would have been to go pull it off the shelf, and walk it right over to the book return and drop it in. While making a video for Youtube.

I had a similar situation just as our branch of the library closed to build an addition. When it reopened, I walked in, took the book off the shelf and showed them. That time really got me out of the habit of using the library and book vendors everywhere have benefitted.

Hmmm. That happened to me in the late 70s when they’d send threatening post cards. I went to the branch and saw the book behind the counter on the reshelf cart.

Oops. Nothing really changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back