Long Thanksgiving weekend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
I have a 4-Day weekend due to Thanksgiving... BUT IN ADDITION... I am the on call chaplain tonight, so that means that I get off at 0730 tomorrow, thus effectively giving me a 5-Day weekend.

I invited Frank (SemperErudito) and his wife over to our house for T-Day, but they opted to go to NYC... can you believe that they'd choose family over me?

Thursday morning I'm going to put on my dress uniform and come and and play nice by participating in the Thanksgiving service... afterwards I'll be at home enjoying the day with some friends from seminary.

For Black Friday the only stop I'm going to make is at Bass Pro... their jeans (which both my wife and I really love to wear) are going to be on sale for $9.97.

** I almost forgot! For the Duncan family, the Day After Thanksgiving marks the official beginning of "Christmastime." So we'll kick it off by watching our first Christmas movie of the year. We haven't decided on which will be first, I think it is our 5yr old's turn to pick. On Saturday we'll probably begin doing Christmas lights and decorations.

What plans do you have for the weekend?
 
Last edited:
I will be off Wed and Thurs but I have to work midnights starting midnight Thurs night/Fri morning. My plans are to eat and watch some football. My family lives in town so my wife and I will have the meal at my sister's house or either my mom's house. I guess I need to find out where before Thursday! I might see if i can convince my wife to go see a movie over the break too. Maybe Unstoppable or The Next Three Days. Anyone here seen either?
 
We'll be going over the river and through the woods to the in-laws to get our annual overdose of L-Tryptophan. But have to return home Thursday evening because both our kids have to work on Friday. I am definitely looking forward to 4 days of my work phone not ringing. :)
 
Goin' to the deer words and try to convert all my Arminian family to Calvinism. I will shoot some deer while passing over others...to illustrate a point.

Which deer represent the elect in your schema?

We are staying home this year. Parade on the tube, walk in the woods weather permitting. Maybe one last surf fishing excursion.
 
As my parents live approximately 1,000 miles away from me, I've opted to not travel this year. I do, however, have a brother and his wife who live a few miles away from me, so I'll be joining them along with several other mutual friends who have opted not to travel this year for a Thanksgiving feast.

Prior to that, in the morning, I'm pondering going on a 5K "Gobble Wobble" charity run, but the weather report said it's supposed to be cold and rainy, so I may skip out on that part of the day. We'll see...

The rest of my weekend will be used to enjoy a little extra rest and relaxation at home. I plan to avoid the stores like they're the Bubonic Plague on Friday.
 
I plan to avoid the stores like they're the Bubonic Plague on Friday.

Agreed. Going shopping is bad enough during the regular times of the year. I can't imagine going out to brave the crowds on Friday. I see people camping out in front of stores in the cold weather and then literally pushing through crowds and I think, "there is nothing that I could possibly want that badly."
 
After a morning service Thursday, hubby and I will be hibernating. No kids home this year, just us and the dogs. Lots of reading fireside, movies(Ben Hur, Mary Queen of Scots, Robin Hood), food(not turkey: steak and lobster!), a little winterizing work around the property, a little hiking and absolutely no shopping. Wild horses couldn't drag me near a store. We're all supplied for the weekend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top