Looking for a book, it it exists.

• Thread starter Deleted member 12919 by request
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 12919 by request

I’ve been reading Walden by Thoreau, and though I disagree with him on vital issues, there is some good stuff scattered throughout. I appreciate some of the topics he covers, and certain observations and ways of thinking about things.

Is there anything of a similar vein written by a solid Reformed theologian?

It doesn’t have to be about two years living in a cabin, but I’m hoping for something where a man with solid theology thinks through life and culture and whatever else, and has great insights along the way, as opposed to a purely theological book.

I’ve been delving into the topic of localism lately, so there’s a lot of different areas of life on my mind, and I hope I can find some solid books out there.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you.

I’ve been reading Walden by Thoreau, and though I disagree with him on vital issues, there is some good stuff scattered throughout. I appreciate some of the topics he covers, and certain observations and ways of thinking about things.

It doesn’t have to be about two years living in a cabin, but I’m hoping for something where a man with solid theology thinks through life and culture and whatever else, and has great insights along the way, as opposed to a purely theological book.

I’ve been delving into the topic of localism lately, so there’s a lot of different areas of life on my mind, and I hope I can find some solid books out there.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you.
I havent read much of his works; but is this kind of a Francis Schaeffer type of thing?

Not really a direct answer to your question, but Localism in the Mass Age is a wonderful book of essays adressing different facets the localism movement. Not all of the contributors are even Christians, but they are very thoughtfully written and thought provoking.

Jeffrey Bilbro, who edits a journal on localism and teaches at Grove City College, has written Reading the Times, which is quite short and pretty good. Bilbro is an Anglican himself, I believe.

Not really a direct answer to your question, but Localism in the Mass Age is a wonderful book of essays adressing different facets the localism movement. Not all of the contributors are even Christians, but they are very thoughtfully written and thought provoking.

Jeffrey Bilbro, who edits a journal on localism and teaches at Grove City College, has written Reading the Times, which is quite short and pretty good. Bilbro is an Anglican himself, I believe.
Thanks. I just purchased the first in ebook format. Too expensive in Canada otherwise.

Moderating

Eli,
Grammatically your subject heading does not make a lot of sense. Also according to the PB forum rules #2 you should use a descriptive title. If you can give me a descriptive title I am happy to fix it. Thanks.

While not by a Reformed theologian, I think you would appreciate Pensées (Thoughts) by Blaine Pascal.

Not sure if it is what you're going for, but you could try The Culture of Theology by John Webster. He's a bit influenced by Barth, but overall pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back