• Macintosh!!!!!!!

Votes: 51 50.0%
  • PC........

Votes: 51 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use Intel hardware with Linux OS you're 1/2 way to being a mac user (Mac's now use intel chips and the kernel in the Mac OS is unix based).

I just upgraded my Macbook to Mac OS 10.5.6. Like the new time machine application, now if my HD goes bad I can get my data back.

Mac user here too...got a few months ago, and for a photography person and college student, it suits my needs and have no problems with it. I love it.

Also have the iPhone, so I guess I am more on the Apple side for now.

Mac user here too...got a few months ago, and for a photography person and college student, it suits my needs and have no problems with it. I love it.

Also have the iPhone, so I guess I am more on the Apple side for now.

As it should be, as it should be!:)

-----Added 2/23/2009 at 09:20:59 EST-----

From the "Church of Satan" website:

It is also amusing to us that this company uses as a corporate logo an apple with a bite taken from it, which certainly appears to be a reference to that other famous apple. We have not forgotten that forbidden fruit, which would impart knowledge of Good and Evil, offered to Eve in that mythical garden by none other than the serpent, an avatar of Satan himself.

In case you think that i have the offending website on my favourites list all I did was google Mac and Satanic and this was the top hit.

Who can doubt that this is the final word on the topic?
Mike I hope you are being tongue in cheek, Apple was selected as a tribute to Job's favorite band....The Beatles, they used an Apple logo for their recordings, the ONLY reason Apple computers used an Apple with a missing bite was to avoid legal conflict. (Which happened anyway, but thats another story.):confused:

I didn't vote because I'm really torn on this one! I have both and I can operate my pc like a pro. My macbook is a different story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so frustrated with it, but I haven't given up hope because of all the good things I'm hearing about it. IT IS SO DIFFERENT! And I'm not good at change! Someone here is trying to help me...we'll see if it soaks into my brain! The one thing that completely irritates me is that I cannot use Messenger or Skype on my mac but can on my pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

I didn't vote because I'm really torn on this one! I have both and I can operate my pc like a pro. My macbook is a different story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so frustrated with it, but I haven't given up hope because of all the good things I'm hearing about it. IT IS SO DIFFERENT! And I'm not good at change! Someone here is trying to help me...we'll see if it soaks into my brain! The one thing that completely irritates me is that I cannot use Messenger or Skype on my mac but can on my pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
OK....gonna help you....juggle both....when one falls vote on the one in your hand.:smug: (sorry)

OK....gonna help you....juggle both....when one falls vote on the one in your hand.:smug: (sorry)

Is that a real sentence...cuz I don't get what you're saying. :think:

Is that a real sentence...cuz I don't get what you're saying. :think:
Juggle the PC and the Mac and.............(never-mind).

etexas,
my mac has a camera and mic and my pc doesn't I DON'T WANT TO JUGGLE! I'm very spoiled and want what I want! So do you have a mac and thus answers for me? :D

My Dell has a 6.5 hr battery life. Easily goes that long. I'm a PC person. No viruses either. Never had. Zone alarm internet security suite does the job. I'm Mircosoft compliant too! XP pro, Explorer, Word, Window media player, even Mircosoft Flight Sim. It's the way to go. Like's my Star Trek stuff too! It's all set up to look and act like a computer from Star Trek. That's the way to go.

I have to vote PC only because we cannot afford to purchase a Mac or even a PC for that matter,this one was given us as a gift and I am thankful that we have a computer and it works and can come here with it.Maybe someday we can choose a computer we want but until then, PC

Mac is so ridiculously proprietary that only those with a bottomlees bank account would even glance at them. or those who want to 'fake it 'til you make it'. Do you still have to take 'em to an authorized repair center (double-speak for rip-off joint) to get a bad drive replaced? Last Mac I had the floppy drive went bad (yeah, that long ago) and if it'd been a PC it'd have been a $35 repair, but since it was a Mac, it would have run $240 at the repair center. The Mac wound up in the dumpster. Steve Jobs doesn't need to rip me off to buy a new set of tires for his Rolls.

I'm a PC.

Yes I've had viruses... yes I've had to format entire hard drives and start from scratch... Yes I've experienced my share of the "blue screen of death" but would I ever switch?

No way.

for a few reasons.

1) cost
2) flexibility... I've been frustrated every time I use a Mac because there are fewer ways of accessing info or completing tasks. (no right click??? never mind the middle scroll button)
3) proprietary nature of macs: I like the freedom of the PC and while the Mac is more esthetically pleasing in one sense, there is room for more creativity in a PC in that anyone can develop and create programs and platforms for the PC if they have the means and capability. S. Jobs is like the soup Nazi on Seinfeld, his product is the best tasting, but don't stray from his rules or else

NO MAC FOR YOU!

Never had a virus and I've always had a PC/Windows--I even mostly like Vista. They make pretty good free programs for that stuff nowadays, you know.

Mac lost me when they built the version with no on/off switch.

Sarah, come back to the dark side ... come back to the PC ... the operating system is strong with this one...

PCs are for Protestants, of course. Some of you may remember this classic essay by the RC writer Umberto Eco from 1994. I admit it is somewhat dated: it goes back to a time when Windows was fairly new and more obviously connected to DOS. But it is fun, nevertheless.

The fact is that the world is divided between users of the Macintosh computer and users of MS-DOS compatible computers. I am firmly of the opinion that the Macintosh is Catholic and that DOS is Protestant. Indeed, the Macintosh is counter-reformist and has been influenced by the ratio studiorum of the Jesuits. It is cheerful, friendly, conciliatory; it tells the faithful how they must proceed step by step to reach -- if not the kingdom of Heaven -- the moment in which their document is printed. It is catechistic: The essence of revelation is dealt with via simple formulae and sumptuous icons. Everyone has a right to salvation.

DOS is Protestant, or even Calvinistic. It allows free interpretation of scripture, demands difficult personal decisions, imposes a subtle hermeneutics upon the user, and takes for granted the idea that not all can achieve salvation. To make the system work you need to interpret the program yourself: Far away from the baroque community of revelers, the user is closed within the loneliness of his own inner torment.

You may object that, with the passage to Windows, the DOS universe has come to resemble more closely the counter-reformist tolerance of the Macintosh. It's true: Windows represents an Anglican-style schism, big ceremonies in the cathedral, but there is always the possibility of a return to DOS to change things in accordance with bizarre decisions: When it comes down to it, you can decide to ordain women and gays if you want to.
Naturally, the Catholicism and Protestantism of the two systems have nothing to do with the cultural and religious positions of their users. One may wonder whether, as time goes by, the use of one system rather than another leads to profound inner changes. Can you use DOS and be a Vande supporter? And more: Would Celine have written using Word, WordPerfect, or Wordstar? Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?

And machine code, which lies beneath and decides the destiny of both systems (or environments, if you prefer)? Ah, that belongs to the Old Testament, and is talmudic and cabalistic. The Jewish lobby, as always....

etexas,
my mac has a camera and mic and my pc doesn't I DON'T WANT TO JUGGLE! I'm very spoiled and want what I want! So do you have a mac and thus answers for me? :D
OK , Sarah I shall help you! Vote Mac....it's the right thing to do.:judge:

Cost is relative, productivity is more important and over the lifetime value is tremendously, even fractionally less expensive than Windows.

2) flexibility... I've been frustrated every time I use a Mac because there are fewer ways of accessing info or completing tasks. (no right click??? never mind the middle scroll button)

Well, plug in a mouse with a right click, it's not that hard.

3) proprietary nature of macs: I like the freedom of the PC and while the Mac is more esthetically pleasing in one sense, there is room for more creativity in a PC in that anyone can develop and create programs and platforms for the PC if they have the means and capability. S. Jobs is like the soup Nazi on Seinfeld, his product is the best tasting, but don't stray from his rules or else

NO MAC FOR YOU!

Ah, the ole "free will" argument aye? That is what all boils down to, the PC/Windows defense can only really go to one place - Arminianism. :lol:

The greatest thing about being a Mac user, though, is being able to tell all of your Windows using friends that, "I'm sorry, I can't help you I don't know anything about Windows!" :smug:

The greatest thing about being a Mac user, though, is being able to tell all of your Windows using friends that, "I'm sorry, I can't help you I don't know anything about Windows!"
yeah, that 'cool quotient' is definitely a huge plus! :cool:

Hence the ponytail rule.

Ah, the ole "free will" argument aye? That is what all boils down to, the PC/Windows defense can only really go to one place - Arminianism. :lol:

If as a Windows user I am a semi-palagian, does that make the linux user a full blown Palagian? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back