Mark Farner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Mark Farner (remember him?), once the leader of the world's worst rock band, Grand Funk Railroad (remember them?) is 61 today (9/29).

He became a believer some years ago...
 
They were far from the worst. I was quite fond of those guys. You must like him or your wouldn't have picked Mr. Farner for your avatar.
 
They were far from the worst. I was quite fond of those guys. You must like him or your wouldn't have picked Mr. Farner for your avatar.

Bawb: LOL. Separated at birth: Matthew Henry and Mark Farner. (Actually, I think Henry was more of a Creedance Clearwater Revival guy, myself.)
 
I worked at a Christian bookstore when his first frontline production album (Christian) came out. It was okay. I heard his testimony, or read it, and he was against preaching about hell. He hated it when Churches preached liked that. His appeal to Chrisianity was the Love of God and he despised preaching that spoke of hell.

He then came out with a remake of Some Kind of Wonderful but changed the wording a bit to make it more appropriate and directed towards his wife.

I use to have a Poster of him on my wall after his conversion. I thought it was great a rocker could become a Christian.

Wonder what his walk is like now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top