Mid-America Reformed Seminary

Status
Not open for further replies.

carygephart

Puritan Board Freshman
I am newly founded in reformed theology and am wanting to seek further education. Seeing how I currently live only an hour away from MARS I wanted to see if you guys knew anything about it or had any ideas about the quality of education there in comparison with other reformed seminaries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the best Reformed seminaries in North America. If you're an hour away, I would recommend it to you. I believe Alan Strange, one of the MARS profs, is here on the Puritan Board. He'll chime in any moment.

I am newly founded in reformed theology and am wanting to seek further education. Seeing how I currently live only an hour away from MARS I wanted to see if you guys knew anything about it or had any ideas about the quality of education there in comparison with other reformed seminaries?

One of the best Reformed seminaries in North America. If you're an hour away, I would recommend it to you. I believe Alan Strange, one of the MARS profs, is here on the Puritan Board. He'll chime in any moment.

I can speak on a layman's level of the quality of the faculty and of some of the men who have graduated from MARS and have gone on to ordination. I have met and heard Drs. Venema, Strange, and Mininger preach; the latter two at least every year. Quality men all of them......and their love for God's people is evident. I also have met and am friends with some grads of MARS. Young men greatly influenced by the likes of Drs. Venema, Strange, & Mininger. Quality education- check. Gospel preaching men- check. I say go for it!

Last edited:

Welcome to PB! Could you please fix your signature according to the board rules? Just click on 'Signature Requirements' below my own signature to find out how.

Would highly commend Mid America. Our church has been blessed by our relationship with the seminary. Their emphasis on pastoral training by accomplished Professors who were experienced in the pastorate prepares students to be astute shepherds and churchmen.

It is a very good school, and also very affordable. One of the members of our congregation is a student there, and has nothing but great things to say about it.

It has an excellent reputation. And yes, if you're that close, then not investigating it would prove less than auspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back