Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard King

Puritan Board Senior
this was posted on
www.biblicalagrarianism.com

The Truth About Katrina

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are lots of blessings in terms of wake up calls here if you look...

This new crowd I run with is big on asking "what am I supposed to learn from this or how can I glorify God in this?" when bad things happen to so called "good" people ...rather than asking nonsense like "where was this predicted in the Bible and how does it tie in to the future of the temple being built in Jerusalem?"

This is a REAL world reality show. Take notes! There is much to be learned here.

Here are some things we can learn so far...none of it is new and none of it should come as a surprise to anyone that I know but:

-The term and the concept of Homeland Security is a joke. No such thing exists nor will it ever.

- A homeowner or entire neighborhood in the city that is armed during the breakdown of society might last longer than the unarmed (but not much longer).

-cities have NOTHING to do with civilization

-ONE nuke hitting a dike or a dam near any town could cause what we are seeing now. We can't even handle a disaster when we have days of warning that it is coming.

-cops were born depraved too. For all the money spent on ninja swat team gear and high tech robots they cannot serve and protect when needed most.

-you have been told all your life ...and it will always be assumed that whites hate blacks, there is evidence to the contrary being showed every second in this tragedy. And there are people of all colors embarrassing their race every second of this tragedy. Maybe evil has nothing to do with melanin in the skin. But maybe different cultures teach their young different values or different spins on the truth. Maybe if you tell people all their life that they are the oppressed and hated it makes it easier for them to rob and kill you without any pangs of conscience.

-there are people who WILL shoot rescue helicopters even if they are the ones being rescued. Short version...EVIL EXISTS and all the social programs in the world can't change that. In New Orleans this week a brother killed his own sister for a bag of ice.

-martial law simply means rapists can rape, robbers can rob and government will not stop it Martial law has nothing to do with safety.

-News reporters don't really do fact checking

-after all the years of being told that the government has camps where they will send people like us to imprison us and separate us from society if we 'get out of hand', we now know the government hasn't even thought through how to control a tiny ghetto uprising and in fact can't find its own rear end with both hands. They will only confront and control people who follow rules.

-In emergency preparation, a container of WATER trumps most cool survival gadgets.

-plumbing is the most undervalued invention of all time

Originally posted by Richard King
-In emergency preparation, a container of WATER trumps most cool survival gadgets.

-plumbing is the most undervalued invention of all time

Ain't that the truth! How often are we grateful for our hot showers? I'm not grateful nearly often enough!

Originally posted by Puritanhead
FEMA stinks and is wrought with administrative largesse, corruption, waste, and inefficiency... we're better off doing away with the bureaucracy than giving it more teeth.
:2cents:
Indeed. But I see that Clinton is off in Europe giving speeches that this event will be a wonderful catalyst to show Americans how they need an even larger government... Ugh. :banghead:

well I hear even repubs saying we need to rethink the Posse Commitatus act and I have heard more than one saying we need to federalize the National Guard more by taking the Governors out of the loop and everything I see and hear is people saying things that indicate only the federals can save us in a disaster SO I predict if someone doesn't wake up we will lose whatever is left of the 10th amendment because of the hurricanes.

Originally posted by Puritanhead
More government waste -- ice surplus sent to Maine of all place for storage, as truckers waste thousands in gas driving all over the country... Why store it in Maine, how about a Gulf state? Or how about delivering it to people that it was originally intended for? Or saving it for the next hurricane this year?

FEMA stinks and is wrought with administrative largesse, corruption, waste, and inefficiency... we're better off doing away with the bureaucracy than giving it more teeth.
:2cents:

In today's Washington Times there is picture of a polar bear playing on ice at a zoo in Tucson, Arizona.

Caption:
Boris the polar bear at Reid Park Zoo in Tucson, Ariz., yesterday reaped some benefits of hurricane relief. DiNelli Trucking tried to deliver 45,000 pounds of ice from Maine to hurricane-affected areas, but the ice was refused, so the company donated 25,000 pounds to Tucson's Community Food Bank and 20,000 pounds to the zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back