MP3 re: Baptismal Union with Christ now online

Status
Not open for further replies.
A brief follow up:

This lecture will remain here for a few more days and then will be moved to an archive.

We've had a lot of hits and some have had to try a couple of times.

The published version is to appear in June, Dv.

It's stimulated quite a discussion on the barlowfarms blog. The comments have been interesting.

We really do have two systems of theology both claiming to be Reformed.

rsc

This is a great lecture, Dr. Clark. I'm enjoying it a lot. You bring up a lot of the concerns that I have as well.

I have read a FV proponent who said that the visible/invisible church distinction should be rejected because it is based on Platonic dualism. Well, this not only shows blatant ignorance of Plato, but also of Scripture. Paul and the Holy Spirit make the distinctions throughout Scripture (all the way back to Deuteronomy it is found explicitly!). Embarassing, if you ask me, and I don't even have a Ph.D.

Dr. Clark,

Thanks for the MP3. I know you've been busy and might have missed my thread in the Computers and Technology. That would be a perfect thing to set up for Podcasting.

Yep; I am working hard to get The Confessional Presbyterian for 2006 (which will be volume two) done by June in time for various GA meetings but it is going to be tight. Dr. Clark's lecture, somewhat modified here and there with footnotes and bibliography will be the lead off article. In another week or so I should have the website modified to take 2006 payments. Right now you can still subscribe for the 2005 (which is volume one). Do doubt I will have some kind of 2fer price to get both volume one and volume two if you do not have volume one already. http://www.cpjournal.com

Originally posted by SemperFideles
Dr. Clark,

Thanks for the MP3. I know you've been busy and might have missed my thread in the Computers and Technology. That would be a perfect thing to set up for Podcasting.

Do you mean that the conference should be streamed live or are you recommending something else?

Right now we're working toward getting more audio files on the website.

s

Originally posted by R. Scott Clark
Dr. Clark,

Do you mean that the conference should be streamed live or are you recommending something else?

s
Not live. Podcasting allows you to distribute your MP3 content more efficiently and in a way that others can find more easily.

Check out: http://www.websitemaven.com/howtopodcast.html

As an example you can look at the radio broadcast page of Ligonier ministries. They have a Podcast graphic there. It allows users to drag the icon into their Podcasts in their iTunes software. All the appropriate MP3's are then downloaded to their device.

It's easy to set up once you crack the code.

Originally posted by R. Scott Clark
Dr. Clark,

s
Not live. Podcasting allows you to distribute your MP3 content more efficiently and in a way that others can find more easily.

Check out: http://www.websitemaven.com/howtopodcast.html

As an example you can look at the radio broadcast page of Ligonier ministries. They have a Podcast graphic there. It allows users to drag the icon into their Podcasts in their iTunes software. All the appropriate MP3's are then downloaded to their device.

It's easy to set up once you crack the code.

Thanks.

I forwarded this to the powers that be.

rsc

Wow! That was an outstanding lecture. What a powerful proclamation of the Word and a call to the Elders of God's Church.

Are all the lectures available on MP3?

Wow! That was an outstanding lecture. What a powerful proclamation of the Word and a call to the Elders of God's Church.

Are all the lectures available on MP3?

No, but the set is available from the seminary on CD.

We're working to get more audio on the site.

rsc

Scott,

A recommendation: sacrifice some of the audio quality (128kpbs) for files size on the website. 64kpbs (or even 32kpbs) is plenty, and it will make the lectures more available to those who do not have high speed. Right now the download is quite large for a single lecture (40MB or so).

I have found that 32kpbs mono is good quality and very small (10MB per hour). That is what I use on mmy website.

Originally posted by fredtgreco
Scott,

A recommendation: sacrifice some of the audio quality (128kpbs) for files size on the website. 64kpbs (or even 32kpbs) is plenty, and it will make the lectures more available to those who do not have high speed. Right now the download is quite large for a single lecture (40MB or so).

I have found that 32kpbs mono is good quality and very small (10MB per hour). That is what I use on mmy website.

Fred's Back!!!

Originally posted by fredtgreco
Scott,

i'll tell the ptb

rsc

I just found this thread, and would like to hear the MP3. Alas, it looks like it has already been taken off the WSC website.

Is it available anywhere else for download? Or am I out of luck?

Joseph,
I can try e-mailing it to you. But the off-line may be temporary. The whole thing was a whopping 40 meg (full CD quality). I think they may be dropping that which is better for most everybody downloading.

Originally posted by biblelighthouse
I just found this thread, and would like to hear the MP3. Alas, it looks like it has already been taken off the WSC website.

Is it available anywhere else for download? Or am I out of luck?

I don't think it's gone yet. There are plans to move it to an archive, however.

As far as I can tell it's here

It should remain somewhere on the site, even if they move it.

If you can't find it, write Henry Doorn at [email protected]

Of course, you could always order the set of CD's! All we ask is a donation to cover the cost of copying, packaging and shipping. There's no overhead. This is just a service we provide.

rsc

I have just now listened to this presentation, this afternoon after AM worship. I realize that I may be the kind of person who is "easily affected," but I was definitely "moved" by this presentation, particularly the latter 1/2 or 1/3.

[Edited on 4-2-2006 by Contra_Mundum]

Originally posted by Contra_Mundum
I have just now listened to this presentation, this afternoon after AM worship. I realize that I may be the kind of person who is "easily affected," but I was definitely "moved" by this presentation, particularly the latter 1/2 or 1/3.

[Edited on 4-2-2006 by Contra_Mundum]

:ditto:

:ditto: as well.

I had never heard Dr. Clark preach or teach and didn't know what to expect from a Professor. :) I've met plenty of people who can write very well but are not strong in homiletics.

If you can sing well, Dr. Clark, then you truly are a triple threat! :)

:ditto: as well.

I had never heard Dr. Clark preach or teach and didn't know what to expect from a Professor. :) I've met plenty of people who can write very well but are not strong in homiletics.

If you can sing well, Dr. Clark, then you truly are a triple threat! :)

Thanks!

My children think that I am a serious threat to the continued existence of music as we know it. Maybe if I trim the hair in my ears?

rsc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back