My son the post millenialist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMerlin777

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
(I'm amillennial)

Sitting around this evening my son (he's 12) and I were talking and he said, "You know why I think Jesus hasn't come back yet?"

I asked,"Why do you think?"

He said, "Because not everyone believes yet."

(I know, I know it's a bit more involved than this but he's 12 remember.)



Ok, Which one of you posties have been brainwashing my son.

;)
 
That doesn't seem Post-Millennial, exactly. Perhaps he needs to learn that some are elected to eternal life, and others to eternal destruction.
 
I know postmillenialism is more involved than his statement. I guess one had to be there. The way he said it was a bit more involved than the OP really, and the conversation which ensued was interesting. His gist was basically that Christ's church would be victorious in "Christianizing" the world so to speak. Like I said, I guess you had to be there to hear it.

He understands that Christ died for His people and only those given to Him of the Father. He understands also that we are to spread the good news of Christ and pray for those lost in sin.
 
I'm encouraged to hear that your 12 year old son is thinking about Christ's return and talking with his father regarding matters pertaining to our faith on a Lord's Day evening.


(BTW postmillenialism isn't that bad :D)
 
Apart from eschatological issues -- what a blessing have a 12 year-old pondering such thoughts and sharing them with his Dad.
 
:ditto: to the others, and well, all I can say is, at least he isn't one of those amillennialists. :lol:
 
Well, he's only 12. I'm sure his grasp of eschatology will grow and mature to amillennialism. :lol: Meanwhile, ditto to everyone else, this is a good sign that he's interested in spiritual things.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top