Name that coffee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Puritan Board Doctor
Our teens are raising funds to pay for part of the cost of their trip to BWSC Biblical Worldview Student Conference

We will be selling bags of locally roasted coffee with special bags with our logo and name on it.

Big question is, what to call it?

Some suggestions so far;

"Geneva Java", "Original Sin, Dark Roast".

So please help us out by suggesting a good name. Something tongue in cheek would work well, but I have already ruled out anything with a name of God in it, so No plays on Jehovah.

:coffee:

Geneva Java is pretty clever. I would not name it after sin -- to glorify that in any way is to discredit the gospel in my opinion.

I would suggest something like "Reformed Roasted" but that has too much of a ring of the martyrs to it. Definitely not what you are going for.

lol Tim, I was agreeing with your suggestion of "Reformed Roast"...until I saw your caveat!

I wouldn't buy "original sin" coffee, or anything that made light of heavy subjects.

Unless there was no other coffee available! I'm not saying it's a sin to name it that, just that I wouldn't like it.

Geneva Java is good.

Reformation Roast would be good in my opinion, also.

For the down to earth, everyday people: Pure In-tin Coffee
For the cultured: Cauvin's Predestinato

?

Our teens are raising funds to pay for part of the cost of their trip to BWSC Biblical Worldview Student Conference

We will be selling bags of locally roasted coffee with special bags with our logo and name on it.

Big question is, what to call it?

Some suggestions so far;

"Geneva Java", "Original Sin, Dark Roast".

So please help us out by suggesting a good name. Something tongue in cheek would work well, but I have already ruled out anything with a name of God in it, so No plays on Jehovah.

:coffee:

Don't have any name recommendations, but hoping your kids can sell a few extra bags, because I hear that the folks from Reformation Heritage Books may be back with the book-table.

My church hosts this. Glad to hear that your teens are coming. If you make it, might see you there.

irresistible Grounds?

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Tim, we have sent a van down since it started (and to cwsc, before that). I will not be going this year, the nature of the trip would require me to miss two Sundays.

But my daughter will be there.

To whom do you plan to sell the coffee?

If you expect your customers to be mostly Reformed church people with a deep appreciation for Reformed church history, "Geneva Java" is great. If not, most of your potential customers won't understand why you're naming your coffee after a place better known for chocolate.

Also, if the teens will be selling the coffee around town, then what you call the coffee indirectly communicates something about your church. Suppose you could tell everyone in Moncton just ONE THING about your church? Would that one thing be that your church appreciates John Calvin's Geneva? Or would you say something else? With yours being a new church, and the coffee roasted locally, you might do better to play off a local place name.

But I confess I can't think of one I really like.
- Brunswick Buzz
- Atlantic Manic
Neither of those quite work, do they? And I suppose anything that plays off "Fundy" is out due to theological convictions. :)

OK, people usually buy funding raising stuff because they're trying to be nice, feel sorry for the kid, whatever. How 'bout if you turn it into some kind of local pride and pull an additional heart string? This would especially work because it's locally made. A quick look at your city online suggests pride in being a transportation hub with a strong railroad past. Morning Express Roast? Locajava? Some other local identity?

OK, people usually buy funding raising stuff because they're trying to be nice, feel sorry for the kid, whatever. How 'bout if you turn it into some kind of local pride and pull an additional heart string?

I'd second this. I (speaking personally) try to buy local if I can because I think local business is the best business (plus it usually tastes better).

I would have voted for Irrisistable Grounds but Morning Express Roast or Locajava would definitly be make more sense to people outside the church community. My 2 cents. Sorry, how much is it going for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back