Need banner ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Puritan Board Doctor
Some of you know that I am part of a start up ministry/outreach here on Sunday nights. We meet in a TV set style kitchen located in the farmers market building located in the downtown core.

We started less than a year ago in my living room with around 20 people. We are now averaging around 50. We are starting to see real spiritual fruit in the lives of people. We now have several spin-off ministries, small groups, etc.

Long story short, it is now time to start looking more "intentional". In other words, we need (want) people who visit to think of us as a more permenant entity. We pray that people who drop in will realise we are a on-going part of the city, not just a random group who happened to met here this week.

To that end we are looking to buy a couple of roll up banners. The standard size seems to be 22x79. We will place them in the space at the "front" where the musicians & song leader stand. My initial idea was to have one printed with the 5 "solas" & the other with the WSC1 reply printed, perhaps in modern english.

After talking it over with others the WSC idea is on the back burner.

So my question is; what is a good idea for the second banner?

Keep in mind that this is a group that almost always includes non-christians/un-churched people. Thus subtle wording such as the WCF is probably to hard to "get".

My ideas are to use some clear word of scripture, such as "I am the way..." or "Believe on me..."

Does anyone have any good ideas?

BTW, please pray for the graphic artist who is designing these for us. He has been out with us a few times. He told me today how drawn he felt to what we were doing! However he described himself as a "new-age" kind of spiritual person. He was born RC & is now a nothingarian. God seems to be drawing him & I have many reasons to be encouraged. Please pray for his conversion.

What, no creative types?

Someone must have an idea for a clear scripture, that has a simple message, & that isn't trite.

The verses you mentioned were good. Other ideas:

A verse from Psalm 119 about the Word of God.
Psalm 103 "Bless the Lord, O my soul . . ."
Matthew 11:28, "Come unto me . . . and I will give you rest."
I Cor. 15:57, "Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
The greatest commandment: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart . . ."
John 15, about abiding in Christ, or about love for one another
Romans 8: "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."

In the church I grew up in, we had banners made for special services, and I remember one that said "Faithful is He who called you, who also will do it," from I Thessalonians, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back