Need help finding Witsius quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwink

Puritan Board Sophomore
I remember reading Witsius before (I think in "The Economy of the Covenants"), where he said the ancient Jews had a saying...about believing in the "three in one." I think he touches on this too in his work on the Apostles Creed, but I'm pretty sure the quote I'm thinking of was in his work on the covenants. Could someone more familiar with Witsius than I give an idea what section of his work I could find this in? And if you have the work available with you, maybe the page number too? Thank you!
 
What is he citing? After the quote, it refers to "Rahanat. sol. 132. col. 3". What source is that?

I'm pretty sure it is a Latinized reference to Rashi's commentary on the Tanakh (OT). Also, in this case I think the font is actually an "f", as opposed to the old style "s" that looks similar, and the reference stands for "folio 132, column 3". As to what particular edition of Rashi's work he was referencing, I have no idea.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top